Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
10 Dateianhänge enthalten Alan Rickman (Forum: Schauspieler)   13.09.2007 17:01 von Claire   233.535 1.235   14.01.2017 09:05 von JasiLu  
3 Fragen (Slughorn -> Snape, Snapes Buch, Schüler in [...] (Forum: Hagrids Hütte)   02.12.2016 22:21 von Lehtis   13.874 6   08.12.2016 19:36 von Nise  
Rowling Twitter Snape/Mein Kommentar dazu (Forum: Charaktere)   20.12.2015 17:53 von SanctusSeverus   3.845 2   13.03.2016 16:18 von LoonyRadieschen  
Severus Snape and the Marauders - Harry Potter Fan Film (Forum: Filme allgemein)   01.03.2016 23:26 von Jenny4407   10.894 28   13.03.2016 00:55 von Nise  
Was wurde eigentlich aus Snapes Lebensschuld? (Forum: Charaktere)   26.10.2005 10:50 von HexeLilli   7.553 8   06.03.2016 18:02 von SanctusSeverus  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » Alan Rickman vs. Prof. Snape » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (4): [1] 2 3 4 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Alan Rickman vs. Prof. Snape 4 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,004 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,004 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,004 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,00
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Emeralde Greene
unregistriert

Alan Rickman vs. Prof. Snape Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi @ll

All the different threads and postings about professor Snape made me wonder how much Alan Rickman's acting has influenced you and me in our perception. I for my part will will have to admit that most of my love and admiration for the Hogwarts` potions master is due to Mr. Rickman's brilliant acting. His stunning portrayal brought out the best in a character quite sinister and cruel and yet so misunderstood.

I'd just like to know whether it is solemly my point of view or whether anyone else agrees with me in thinking that Alan has given this character a great chance and a very special charm without which it would hardly get any recognition at all.

26.08.2004 00:30
XiaoGui
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I agree with you, Alan helped building the character due to his excellent performance. Although he does not entirely match the picture of Snape I had before (and still have), he still is a close match to the outer appearance.

Now every time I watch the first movie with this brilliant *drool* Augenzwinkern entrance-speach at the potions class, I wonder if JKR gave Alan Rickman some hints about the further development of the character in the future books. It's just... his portrayal of the character matches 150%... Augenzwinkern

I especially think, the way he moves (this elegant kind of sweeping around, you know Augenzwinkern ) and his voice(!) added much to the character. Just think about the way he's described in Fanfictions - in almost every Snapefic his voice and kind of moving around are mentioned. And as far as I remember thats not that clearly described in the books alone. So the performance of Alan certainly must have had an impact on the perception of the character. And as I am almost sure, JKR gave Alan some "hints" on Snapes character and would not have allowed a false picturisation, thats not bad at all.

So, yes, I think there is a slight difference between the book- and the movie-character Snape, because Alan added his acting. And obviously the movie-character added some aspects to the book-character. Because now, when I'm reading the book, I at least have Alan Rickmans great voice in my mind... and I have to admit, that's not regrettable at all... Augenzwinkern
26.08.2004 06:08
Emeralde Greene
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

To me there used to be a great difference between "Alan's Snape" and the one in the books. I used to think that the one in the books was a bit scary and really unfair whereas Alan's Snape was that aswell, but yet in a lovable way. As funny as it sounds, I can't be angry with him. Alan has a way of acting that gives the character a certain way of... well, sexyness.

Now, everytime I read the books I've got Alan`s face before my mental eye instead of the scruffy, ugly one I had before. It's never happened to me before, but it's become a total blurr to me to distinguish between Alan Rickman`s Snape and the "real" one.

It`s not like I wish to complain about this, but it is a bit weird, really.
31.08.2004 16:20
LobbyBlack
unregistriert

I've read that thissimilarity between Snape and Alan exists, BECAUSE JKRowling wrote the part of Professor Severus Snape with alan Rickman in her head.
That'S great and somehow funny, because it indeed is perfect, that Alan plays him nowbreites Grinsen
31.08.2004 17:05
Snivellus
unregistriert

yeah, I think there is a difference between the books' Snape and the movie's Snape. If I am reading the books or a FF then I see not Alan Rickman completely. I see a mixture of my own image of Snape and Alan.

The Snape, I see in front of my mental eye is a little bit thinner and younger. But, however, I must say that my book's Snape acts and speaks like Alan. I love Alan's voice and his facial expression and his gesture. He gives the book's Snape something special, a speacial feature.

I was fond of Snape after I red my first book. I would say that Alan gives the movie's Snape an image. He is the perfect cast for the part of Snape. Maybe there are more fans because Alan plays the part of the dark and evil potion's master but overall the most are fond of the book's Snape. I mean there is not really a lot of Snape in the movies only some scenes with him. This is not enough to be fond of him. You cannot really see his dark side. You know nothing of Snape in the movies not even why he seems to hate Harry.

I do not believe that sb who hates or does not like the book's Snape is now fond of him only thanks to Alan. I mean either you are already fond of him or you are not.
31.08.2004 23:06
XiaoGui
unregistriert

@LobbyBlack:

Is that true? I thought that Alan was not the first choice for the character, how come that Saint Joanne (Augenzwinkern ) thought of him when writing the character of Snape? I mean, thats cool somehow... Grinsen

@Snivellus:

I agree with you, but only in parts. I agree, if you have hated the character in the books, it's almost impossible for Alan to make little Severus "loveable", but I do think if you have been like part-part (indifferent?) about him, than Alan's portrayal could have made a stronger impact. It added the icing on the cake, if you know what I mean Augenzwinkern .

And as Emeralde Greene pointed out, this "sexyness" - I guess nobody considered the book-Snape as "sexy", but with Alan it's a different story. He DID have an impact on this part, I guess. At least with me, although I still try to stick to my own impression of the book-Snape. But you are right, Emeralde, the longer I think about it, it really DID become a bit blurred. *sigh*... that voice... Grinsen
31.08.2004 23:52
Lupa
unregistriert

Is this true actually? Do you have a link to the interview or source?

Although I have seen the first movie (and Alan Rickman was VERY impressive, though I was not really in favour of the movie and skipped the 2nd one) I also have my own Snape impression when reading the books.

My Snape is really really mean and you could do nothing else than hate him. Alan Rickman then is far too attractive to be nothing else than mean. In fact he seems to be dangerous, mysterious, and trapped in his own feelings. This makes him a very tragic character.

I have two assumptions about what JK told Alan Rickman about Snape. Either it might be all the information from book 5 (which tells us that Snape also had and has a hard life) and thats the reason why he acts the way he does.

Or - a quite popular rumor - that Snape is a vampire, because I can't see any reason for him moving so smooth (how does this match to the other characteristics of Snape?) or playing around with his cape that vampirelike. Or all these little hints in the books about vampires...

Well, I'm really curious if the secret of Snape was only that he was not very much liked in school. Or do you guess it's something else.

I defenitely hope that Alan Rickman plays in all the 7 movies, I could not stand having him replaced.

Concerning the Snape in my imagination, he has a far bitter expression is his face, a lot more greasy hair and is also younger and thinner.
Maybe we all want to show this guy, that life is not only about hating but also loving and thats why we adore him breites Grinsen .

Just break down these walls around his person to hopefully find a loving heart *sigh*.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Lupa: 01.09.2004 11:04.

01.09.2004 10:59
LobbyBlack
unregistriert

Oh, I've read it quiet a while ago...it was ...I think somewhere at or but I dunno exactly.

Alan was not the first choice for Snape, I've also heard this. But JKRowling has nothing to do with the casting. She just wanted every actor to be British... But I think she was quiet happy with Alan as Snapebreites Grinsen
02.09.2004 12:06
Snivellus
unregistriert

Why does everyone think that Snape's a Vampire? JKR has confirmed that he is not a Vampire.

I am not sure which indication JKR gave Alan Rickman of his part of being Snape. I think that she maybe told him something about Occlumency. I mean Harry always thought that Snape can reading minds and in book 5 we received the news that Snape is able to do Occlumency. Snape alias Alan Rickman is always starring in someone's eyes (Harry's). In my opinion this is the only case in which such an indication is important to play Snape's part.
03.09.2004 01:00
Emeralde Greene
unregistriert

I don`t think Snape`s a vampire. There might be a certain similarity between what we think a vampire should look/move/sound like and the way Alan Rickman acts out as Professor Snape, but I`m not overly convinced of the vampire theory.

I can hardly see any real evidence in the books that would have the power to convince me otherwise. And since Jo already said "...I don`t think so." I wouldn`t set my hopes too highly on this one. I guess it is just "playing" with the chance, if you know what I mean.

I guess Snivellus is right about the staring thing Alan often does. This might be one of the hints Jo gave Alan about the role of Snape hinting towards the occlumency thing. I don`t think she would tell something as important as "Look, I never told anybody, but your character really is a vampire!" She doesn`t even tell her children about what is going to happen to Harry and come on, they`re related!

My point being upon opening this thread was actually that Alans performance has sort of altered my feelings towards and perception of the character of Severus Snape. I never knew and I still don`t know whether that is a good thing or not. To me, obviously, it is a great thing, because this role is the perfect role to Alan Rickman in my eyes. He finally plays the most sinister/dark/mean evil character of them all and he does it with such passion that you seem to forget that the character actually IS a complete *******. You, or at least I do, see beyond that and are bound to believe that there is a reason for his behaviour. You're most likely to like the unlikable, so to speak.

But is it really fair towards Jo's description? Is it actually okay if we like Snape because of Alan or should we see the two characters as something completely devided? I mean, it's a great task to achieve to make somebody read a book and dislike a character and then make the same person see that character on the screen and like him. Don't get me wrong, I value Alan's acting highly, but does he have the "right" to change the character to his own liking? It's actually a whole lot more to me than just Alan being really attractive. It`s his overall performance that makes me like Snape. How about you?
03.09.2004 01:45
Lupa
unregistriert

You are right, JK said that she does'nt think so. But I don't trust that, as long as she doesn't give a clear NO I think everythign is possible.

The staring, well that could be a point. (Wish he would stare at me like that breites Grinsen ) But... does that maybe mean that he could read the minds of everybody from the very first beginning? And if yes, what does this help anyway?

Concerining that feelings towards the movie Snape and the "real" Snape... wouldn't have your feelings changed at least when you got to know that Snape also had a bad childhood and was very unpopular in school? Noone becomes mean for no reason. I think also the snape in the books seems likeable because I would like to know whats really behind all this mean behaviour, so you're right. But if I'd meet someone like that in real life I am pretty sure I wouldn't spend a minute on such a person.

I think I do not really "like" both of the Snapes, but they are really interesting, both of them. Each of them maybe in a different way, but maybe at the end it all adds up? Who knows? Augenzwinkern
03.09.2004 10:27
Snivellus
unregistriert

@ Lupa: Yeah, you are right. If Snape would be my teacher and he would act like he does towards Harry then I would hate him, too. I agree not with Snape's teaching methods, they are completely wrong. Neville is afraid of him. Neville trembles if someone mentions Snape's name.

But I must say that Snape is the only one (who we know) who treats Harry as a normal boy not as the boy who lives. For everyone in the wizarding world Harry is someone special, he becomes a lot of attention from everyone. He is a star in the wizarding wold, the very who has to kill Voldemort.

Snape always takes away points from Gryffindor because of Harry or he tries to give Harry detention or that Harry gets expelled. But in book 2 in the chapter Snape said: Why did he not try to get Harry expelled for this? The only answer I have is that Snape only tries to get him expelled when he knows for sure that it doesn't work. Do you understand what I mean?

Let me explain:
It was wrong to come to Hogwarts with a flying car instead of sending an owl to Dumbledore and to explain the matter with the barrier. It was dangerous for both of them. Snape was right to be angry with them.

Harry was not allowed to go to Hogsmead and Sirius Black was on the run. Everbody believed that Sirius was the murderer of 13 peope and the Potter's secret keeper. But Harry broke that rule and was in Hogsmead. It was very dangerous. Snape was right to be angry with him.

In book 4 Harry was not in his dormitory after curfew and he met Mad-Eye-Moody. To my mind Snape knew after Mad-Eye said something about that this was not the Auror Moody, the friend of Dumbledore. Maybe he reckoned that this was a death eater because not even Fudge knew anything about the Dark Mark. Why would Aurors know that there is such a thing. Again it was very dangerous for Harry to be alone with a death eater. Snape was right to be angry with him.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Snivellus: 03.09.2004 12:25.

03.09.2004 12:20
Lupa
unregistriert

Well, I don't think Snape treats Harry like a normal boy. I don't think normal treatment has to be mean.

I think this "Maybe he was..." was meant sarcastically and not to help Harry.

Of course Snape was angry about the flying car. But as Harry is no Slytherin it is not his business to punish him.

Same counts for Hogsmeade and Moody, it is all McGonagalls or Dumbledores Businnes at the end.
03.09.2004 14:42
XiaoGui
unregistriert

I don't believe this vampire-theory either. As I already pointed out somewhere else on this board, I think the figure of Severus Snape is already such a complex one, it doesn't need to have more "spice" added like being a vampire, animagus or the like. It's just unnessesary (how to spell this stupid word?!?)...

@Lupa:

As the movies came out the 5th book, our picture of Snape has already been influenced, I think. Even if most people adjusted their opinion of Snape after book 5, the impact of Alan Rickman from the movies was already there - if you know what I mean Grinsen .

@Snivellus:

This staring-thingy is true, you are right. I did not think about that yet, but now you mention it - true. Next time I watch the movies I will keep an eye on that... Grinsen
Anyway I have the feeling that JKR gave some further hints to Alan about Snape's character. You see, it's not that she has to tell him the contents of all the future books, she just would have got to tell him the way sees the character, which will be more than she already revealed in the books to us anyway.

Oh yeah... *SIGH!!* I guess we all want to comfort him somehow... Augenzwinkern

I have some more ideas about the topic, but I will post this posting now as it has already been opened for more than 5 hours waiting for me to klick the "send" button Augenzwinkern . I will edit further things in here as soon as I manage to formulate it in correct english Augenzwinkern ...
03.09.2004 16:19
Nurja Jermaine
unregistriert

... Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Alan Rickman was the best idea for the role of Snape! He plays this role briliant and no one other could be better at acting Snape!
I hope anyone has understand me in what I´m saying!
So you see, I agree with you!
25.09.2004 10:36
Seiten (4): [1] 2 3 4 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » Alan Rickman vs. Prof. Snape

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH