Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
List for English books (besides HP) (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.04.2008 21:08 von Rain of Roses   40.237 52   27.08.2013 15:41 von sweetdark  
WANTED! English-speaking Harry Potter-fan! (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   08.06.2012 23:37 von Puroduroo   24.902 49   11.12.2012 16:46 von Chloe Riddle  
[User-Fanfiction] Bones in the Corner (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   27.12.2011 23:45 von DearDobby   1.994 0   13.01.2012 13:19 von DearDobby  
English essay! (Forum: McGonagalls Büro)   25.08.2010 15:47 von LordHuhn   3.360 5   22.10.2010 15:37 von Eralyn  
Bachelor Thesis Umfrage / Survey (German/English) zur [...] (Forum: King's Cross)   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit   3.238 0   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (36): « erste ... « vorherige 32 33 34 [35] 36 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen English Corner 19 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,37
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Kathi Weasley Kathi Weasley ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-63339.png

Pottermore-Name: MantelSnidget18582

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

You're bad at all kind of sports? Sounds like me! Fröhlich
I hope the tournament wasn't so bad? I can't play volleyball either, acctually I'm really bad in all ball sports...How come??? Keine Ahnung
Christmas presents were kind of a problem...my mother didn`t tell me what she needs or wants, so I was a bit helpless! But now I have all christmas presents!!! And Ã`m happy!!! Fröhlich
What about you?

21.12.2010 12:58 Kathi Weasley ist offline Beiträge von Kathi Weasley suchen Nehme Kathi Weasley in deine Freundesliste auf
mione13 mione13 ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-63847.png

Herkunft: BW

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I will buy all the presents tomorrow, and they will be the same as every year: sweets! breites Grinsen you can't make anything wrong with that, everyone loves chocolate Augenzwinkern

21.12.2010 19:14 mione13 ist offline E-Mail an mione13 senden Beiträge von mione13 suchen Nehme mione13 in deine Freundesliste auf
Kathi Weasley Kathi Weasley ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-63339.png

Pottermore-Name: MantelSnidget18582

I wish you all a happy and succesfull new year 2011! Applaus

01.01.2011 21:24 Kathi Weasley ist offline Beiträge von Kathi Weasley suchen Nehme Kathi Weasley in deine Freundesliste auf
Slothy
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-56948.jpg

yes, I wish you health and so on and of course sucess in your life.
02.01.2011 00:32 Slothy ist offline Beiträge von Slothy suchen Nehme Slothy in deine Freundesliste auf
Lilian Lilian ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Berlin

Hey everybody,
would you mind going back to the topic of HP?
Because I do have an understanding problem, and I hope there is someone out there who is able to give me an explanation.
In book 7, Kings Cross, Harry and Dumbledore spoke about why Harry did not die after Voldemort attacked him with the killing curse.
D's explanation was, that V redoubled the bond by taking H's blood so that both of them would have Lily's protection which meant that none of them could die by the other's hand. Does that mean that Harry was, in the first place, only able to kill Voldemort with the ultimate weapon, the Elder Wand? Is this the reason, why Voldemort died in the end through Harry?
And what would have happend if someone else had been able to kill Harry or Voldemort? Would Lily's protection then have been useless, not working?
And if that is so, it would have made much more sense if someone else than Harry had tried to kill Voldemort (just assuming that the Elder Wand would not have been there).
Anybody got an answer to this?
Thanks
Lilian
18.01.2011 10:05 Lilian ist offline E-Mail an Lilian senden Beiträge von Lilian suchen Nehme Lilian in deine Freundesliste auf
Aleta Aleta ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-55854.jpg

Herkunft: Aus der Hauptstadt des Dschungels

Hi Grinsen

Harrys protection caused by Lily's death works only for Lord Voldemort, I think. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise, because Lily died to protect Harry of Voldemort, not of the world in general.
But for Voldemort, this "protection" is at the same time his greatest weakness. Because it strengthens the connection between him and Harry and somehow gives Harry the power to fulfill the prophecy.
Harry is the only person who knows Voldemort's thoughts and plans and one of the three persons who know of the Horkruxes and are an enemy of LV.
Altogether he really is the only person who has a likely chance of killing LV.
Other people would still have the same problem: Voldemort is nearly immortal and only has this one "little" weakness.
Who could kill LV? Kingsley? McGonagall? The Order of the Phoenix? Even together they would have no chance without Harry.

Honestly, I don't think the Elder Wand means that much. It's a nice toy, especially for Lord Voldemort who is seeking for a better wand because he doesn't understand his own anymore. But I doubt that it has a meaning beyond that.

I'm not 100% sure about this, I could also be mistaken. But this is my explanation for at least some of your questions... Grinsen

19.01.2011 20:44 Aleta ist offline E-Mail an Aleta senden Beiträge von Aleta suchen Nehme Aleta in deine Freundesliste auf
Teodores2 Teodores2 ist weiblich
Halloween-Magier 2010

images/avatars/avatar-56330.jpg

Herkunft: Deutschland

Hay,

You´ve forget that Harry was himselfs a Horkrux.
V´s part of soul was in Harry too.
It happend wen he tried to kill Harry first time.

So as Vorldemord tried to kill Harry again
he killd his own part of soul. And Harry
didn´t die because of this!
And this was real konektion between V and Harry.
Why Harry saw him in dream and knew what he does.
Don´t you think so?

wishes Theela

I love this storry. The best Roman I ever read.

20.01.2011 20:03 Teodores2 ist offline Beiträge von Teodores2 suchen Nehme Teodores2 in deine Freundesliste auf Skype-Name von Teodores2: Theela1991
Lilian Lilian ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Berlin

Hey everybody,
thanks for responding to my questions.
However, the story said, that Liliy's protection was inside both in the end - Harry and V.
And when V tried to kill Harry, how come, he did only kill his own part of soul? Was it sort of a rebound? And the only explanation why Harry himself did not die would mean, he was still protected by Lily's sacrifice.
That would also mean, however, that the Elder Wand would be the only weapon to really kill either Harry or V, because they could not hurt each other fatally except with a wand that is capable of anything (even repairing a wand that is destroyed by magic). So lucky for Harry that he was the true master of the Elder Wand.
If he hadn't been, he would have died, wouldn't he?

And considering this was right, in the end, when all Horcuxes were destroyed, someone else could have killed Voldemort, couldn't they?

This is all not clearly solved in my eyes...
21.01.2011 10:13 Lilian ist offline E-Mail an Lilian senden Beiträge von Lilian suchen Nehme Lilian in deine Freundesliste auf
acciowinter acciowinter ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-58432.png

Herkunft: the burrow
Pottermore-Name: HollyScarlet195

^ i do see your problem and i can so relate because i usually go back to tht part to and try to piece it together.
the first AK rebounded because Harry was still under his mother's 'protection' back from when she died for him. But that was in the forest so I doubt it would have worked again in the Great Hall when Harry and LV were duelling. But when LV tried to kill Harry for the second time with the AK Harry did the Expelliarmus and finally won because he was the true master of the Elder Wand.
I believe that he would have died otherwise IF LV curse would have been stronger. and since the Elder Wand is the most powerful Wand ever made he most likely would. but then everyone would have been kinda Draco would have decided to kill off LV. haha.

does this kinda answer your question? this is so compicated. the horcruxes make my head hurt. haha

19.06.2011 21:10 acciowinter ist offline E-Mail an acciowinter senden Beiträge von acciowinter suchen Nehme acciowinter in deine Freundesliste auf
Alatarielle Alatarielle ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-60709.jpg

Herkunft: München

this might be a bit late, but I'll try to answer anyways ^^

In the forest, LV doesnt just try to kill him, he actually kills Harry in the forest, cause that's the only way the horcrux can be destroyed. It can only be destroyed when the vessel is irraparably destroyed. And for a human being it means death when the body is irreparably destroyed.

The protection he had on himself from Lily's sacrafice actually only lasted until be turned 17.

Jo herself said, that she never really saw the duel in the forest between Harry and LV having a scientific/magical reason. She says, that what makes Harry survive is his choices. He chooses to sarafice himself and he chooses to pull himself back to life. And that in the end is more important than the magic.

In the very end however (LV's end), Harry actually fights him. And since he is the master of the Elder Wand, the curse backfires and kills LV.

yes. But at that point, Harry knew that he was the true master of the Elder Wand. That is, why he dueled LV the way he did. Otherwise he would have probably tried to come up with something else.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Alatarielle: 17.10.2011 00:10.

17.10.2011 00:07 Alatarielle ist offline E-Mail an Alatarielle senden Homepage von Alatarielle Beiträge von Alatarielle suchen Nehme Alatarielle in deine Freundesliste auf Skype-Name von Alatarielle: franzinzl
acciowinter acciowinter ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-58432.png

Herkunft: the burrow
Pottermore-Name: HollyScarlet195

now this actually makes a lot of sense. LOL I keep forgetting that the motherly sacrafice wore off when he turned 17. But ultimately the part of LV soul inside Harry had the effect that with the first AK in the forest Harry was not able to die because the horcrux had to be destroyed before.

now I am also in an English speaking forum where people were discussion whether or not there is a difference between Harry the horcrux and the other objects that were purposely made into horcruxes. I believe there is a huge difference actually but that's just way off topic here (:

yes. But at that point, Harry knew that he was the true master of the Elder Wand. That is, why he dueled LV the way he did. Otherwise he would have probably tried to come up with something else.[/quote]

well yeah that was THE point of the book actually. Hallows vs Horcruxes. Sadly they didn't put much emphasis on it in the movies but this is what it always comes back to.

24.10.2011 12:39 acciowinter ist offline E-Mail an acciowinter senden Beiträge von acciowinter suchen Nehme acciowinter in deine Freundesliste auf
Sirius15 Sirius15 ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-61723.gif

Herkunft: Österreich
Pottermore-Name: RunePatronus2478

Dearest fellow Potterheads,
I'm close to freaking out.
Reason being?
Tomorrow at 9.30 am, I've got an exam. Civil Procedure Law, oral - 3 questions, shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. I quite like this subject as I think it's really useful for my professional career as a lawyer and it's also not entirely uninteresting.
So I should be calm, don't you think?
Well, I am actually, but I somehow can't seem to put off the thought that if this one goes well, I'll be in STAGE 3 of the law degree course, meaning the last third of my studies has begun.. Talk about pressure! :S

I hope the prof is going to be nice!
keep your fingers crossed for me Grinsen

meine alternative history zu Band 7
16.11.2011 22:34 Sirius15 ist offline E-Mail an Sirius15 senden Homepage von Sirius15 Beiträge von Sirius15 suchen Nehme Sirius15 in deine Freundesliste auf Füge Sirius15 in deine Kontaktliste ein MSN Passport-Profil von Sirius15 anzeigen Skype-Name von Sirius15: violetangel33
lenkpflaume lenkpflaume ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-60997.gif

Herkunft: hogsmeade
Pottermore-Name: MarauderLight207

So, I know it's been a long time, and a lot of the stuff that's been going on here was off-topic, but well when I saw there actually was a thread in english here I was like oh my I got to see, what people wrote and stuff. My english is not really good, well it's okay. I can speak and write rather fluently, though I would like it to be far better that it ist. anyway the thing I actually intended to ask was (I'm not sure, if this was mentioned here before) why did they publish an english and an american book?

Did you ever see the american books? they're kind of cool, cause they got these little pictures at the beginnig of each chapter.

I know this is off-topic (though it kinda concerns my question Augenzwinkern )
What do you prefer? English or American english?
I prefer british english pronounciation. I kind of can imitate both accents, and sometimes I'm like now I'm in an american mood, but in general british accents are cooler and more beautiful...
Imagine Harry Potter with an american accent..ew

08.03.2012 22:09 lenkpflaume ist offline E-Mail an lenkpflaume senden Beiträge von lenkpflaume suchen Nehme lenkpflaume in deine Freundesliste auf
LittleMonster LittleMonster ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-62245.jpg

Herkunft: Fehmarn
Pottermore-Name: AsphodelusQuill6258

It's been a long time since anybody answered here, but I wanted to write to the american book topic.

I've got them (and reading them now) and I can tell you that they were made very sweet, with all these little pictures and the letters, it's beautiful. I just can recommend them.

11.09.2012 19:42 LittleMonster ist offline E-Mail an LittleMonster senden Beiträge von LittleMonster suchen Nehme LittleMonster in deine Freundesliste auf
Noble Scarlet Noble Scarlet ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-61890.jpg

Pottermore-Name: QuestFeather31016

An English corner! Great! I really don't know why I've never seen it before. I've been to England for three months, even though I am back home now, I still feel like writing and speaking in English as much as possible.

@lenkpflaume: I knew about the fact that they produced an American and a British version. But I've never seen the American one. I'll google it right now, I am really curious about it.

Well, of course it is off-topic but I also have to comment on your question: Actually I prefer the British English as well. It's just a matter of taste, I think but I love the sound of the accent. Scheinheilig

29.12.2012 12:31 Noble Scarlet ist offline Beiträge von Noble Scarlet suchen Nehme Noble Scarlet in deine Freundesliste auf
Seiten (36): « erste ... « vorherige 32 33 34 [35] 36 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH