Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
List for English books (besides HP) (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.04.2008 21:08 von Rain of Roses   40.209 52   27.08.2013 15:41 von sweetdark  
WANTED! English-speaking Harry Potter-fan! (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   08.06.2012 23:37 von Puroduroo   24.884 49   11.12.2012 16:46 von Chloe Riddle  
[User-Fanfiction] Bones in the Corner (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   27.12.2011 23:45 von DearDobby   1.992 0   13.01.2012 13:19 von DearDobby  
English essay! (Forum: McGonagalls Büro)   25.08.2010 15:47 von LordHuhn   3.353 5   22.10.2010 15:37 von Eralyn  
Bachelor Thesis Umfrage / Survey (German/English) zur [...] (Forum: King's Cross)   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit   3.235 0   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (36): « erste ... « vorherige 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen English Corner 19 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,37
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
horse patronus horse patronus ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-45052.jpg

Herkunft: Berlin

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I'm reading a lot of stories at (or on?) fanfiction.net in English. And I read Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows because I couldn't wait. I was really surprised of myself so read the first book, too.
I think reading is the first part of becoming a friend of this language Augenzwinkern speaking and writing is more difficult.
want to do it always in the right way but of course I'll make mistakes and it's normal but not motivating.
@ Hankstar
You're right I had to search fot this Thread! We need new topics to dicuss about.
I think you wanted to write 'too' and not the number...

18.01.2009 13:57 horse patronus ist offline E-Mail an horse patronus senden Beiträge von horse patronus suchen Nehme horse patronus in deine Freundesliste auf
Jausti Jausti ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-61976.png

Herkunft: Krähenfeld

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

yeah, i also think reading is really important to improve someone's english. but i can also recommend listening to english audio books e.g. harry potter. my great cousin let me have his 7 audio books and i uploaded them onto my iPod. it was quite funny listening to them and at this time, my english improved a lot Grinsen

maybe we could talk about english lessons at school. i have to admit i'm really disappointed with my current english teacher. she tries hard, but it doesn't really work out. her english is terrible and i noticed my english corrupted during the past 2 years. well, what about you? anything to say about stupid english books (english G 2000 : haha, good one) ore teachers? Grinsen

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Jausti: 18.01.2009 14:07.

18.01.2009 14:07 Jausti ist offline Beiträge von Jausti suchen Nehme Jausti in deine Freundesliste auf
horse patronus horse patronus ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-45052.jpg

I never listened to english audio books, maybe I should do this once...
We can about English lessons Augenzwinkern
My teacher cans speak english but not very well, I think some students can do it better. And her lessons are sooo boring, don't know what she prepares at home. We learn about grammar (ok, maybe I'll need it) and write comments and summaries and more comments and summaries. "What's our Class Test about? Oh, writing a !!!" What the hell shall I do with my comments in the holidays, maybe in an English-speaking country?
Of course I care about my marks but I also want to use things I learned once in real life!
Bad books is a good topic
We read a lot of stupid books, I can remember two of the last few years: The Australian Connection (I never finished this boring book about Australia; I think the author doesn't know even where to find this continent) and The War between the Classes (should criticize the society of, what was it US or Britain).
In 9th grade we had a (huh, what's 'Referendar' in English?) she could speak but not teach english - very sad...

18.01.2009 16:33 horse patronus ist offline E-Mail an horse patronus senden Beiträge von horse patronus suchen Nehme horse patronus in deine Freundesliste auf
AllegroAssai
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-56003.jpg

We did grammar and vocabulary for six years. Fiill in gap texts, vocabulary tests, etc. From year 5 to year 10. Then, in year 11 it started to be interesting. Horrible though it was, boring though it was, I then mastered English, it felt like it had clicked if you know what I mean.

Year 11-13 was actually really interesting, lots of dialogues, reading good stories (my teacher adored short stories and science fiction and so do I).

24.01.2009 07:00 AllegroAssai ist offline E-Mail an AllegroAssai senden Beiträge von AllegroAssai suchen Nehme AllegroAssai in deine Freundesliste auf
_Severus Black_ _Severus Black_ ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-45646.png

Herkunft: Grimmauld Platz Nr.12

I'm in grade 9 and we also have a (I don't know "Referendar") and I have to say that his lessons are really interesting and not as stupid as our normal English lessons.
Maybe its because of his way of teaching^^
Instead of reading stupid books like English 2000 or novels like "Prince WIlliam,Maximillian Minsky and me" we've learned how to speak english in a different way and he also told us that we dont really need all this grammar stuff or how to write a summary Augenzwinkern

01.02.2009 17:10 _Severus Black_ ist offline E-Mail an _Severus Black_ senden Beiträge von _Severus Black_ suchen Nehme _Severus Black_ in deine Freundesliste auf
Rumtreiberin Rumtreiberin ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-48826.png

Herkunft: Ãsterreich

In my school we have an assistent teacher from the US. His name is Allen,he has darkblond hair and blue eyes, and all the girls a cracy for him. I feel pitty for him, propably he is a good teacher, but they don't really talk to him, and when he looks at somebody, she blushs and starts to giggle.( it s a school with one male student) I am one of the few, who are able to answer and look at him at the same time. As a matter of fact that's all very annoying and it bothers me a bit.

My english is pretty okay, just like talking, but my writing and my grmmar should get better.( my teacher told me *drop*) She is a very good teacher, also funny and so on, but the teacher before was horrible, he was just to nice, nobody listened the hole class got very loud, though I had to teach me myself.

Applaus
02.02.2009 17:17 Rumtreiberin ist offline Beiträge von Rumtreiberin suchen Nehme Rumtreiberin in deine Freundesliste auf
Lupinia
unregistriert

Hi everyone Winken

I'm in grade 13 now and I absolutely love to speak English, especially because of my accent breites Grinsen which for some friends must be really annoying when I start to talk to them in English no matter where we are Fröhlich .
Since last year we read short stories and some of them are quite interesting, and luckily we have an excellent teacher, whereas others are not that lucky (Just today I sat in a friend's class and her English teacher is just horrible! Traurig I'm so sorry for her.) But as I'm thinking about it: we never read bad books like we often do in German class unfortunately.

Which books did you read in class/school?

By the way,"Referendar" is student teacher Augenzwinkern
02.02.2009 17:36
Tatjana Tatjana ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-53232.jpg

Hi!
Well, some months ago I started to write in English (I know some people from GB) and to watch English movies. And my English improved A LOT!
Now I'm an A-student Fröhlich
And I had to realise, that it isn't as difficult to watch English movies as I expected.
Did you know that Ballet Shoes is on youtube again? I watched it a few days ago. It's wonderful!! Top And I also learned a new word: alas breites Grinsen

02.02.2009 18:02 Tatjana ist offline Beiträge von Tatjana suchen Nehme Tatjana in deine Freundesliste auf
Misto Misto ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Ostsee

I'll send you a couple of my favorite movies and you won't say that again. Try Texan english or a movie in good, oldfashioned northern english working-class slang. Zunge raus
13.02.2009 16:01 Misto ist offline E-Mail an Misto senden Beiträge von Misto suchen Nehme Misto in deine Freundesliste auf
Jausti Jausti ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-61976.png

Herkunft: Krähenfeld

you should try "snatch". breites Grinsen brad pitt's gipsy accent is kinda horrible!

i nearly hate my current english teacher. she doesn't hear properly, she's not able to speak english herself (so why does she try to teach it?) and her lessons are always the same. i don't know how often we've already had the topic "child labour". it's annoying Böse

13.02.2009 16:10 Jausti ist offline Beiträge von Jausti suchen Nehme Jausti in deine Freundesliste auf
Bella13 Bella13 ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-42736.jpg

Herkunft: Deutschland

My english-teacher is also soooo horrible! She speaks english in our lessons, and hers is so bad, you wouldn't believe it. Wütend She says wrong things all the time and she doesn't want to be corrected by us. And she has her favourite pupils! They can do all they want and don't get punished for it. That's so mean!!!!

21.02.2009 13:51 Bella13 ist offline E-Mail an Bella13 senden Beiträge von Bella13 suchen Nehme Bella13 in deine Freundesliste auf
Sirius15 Sirius15 ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-61723.gif

Herkunft: Ãsterreich
Pottermore-Name: RunePatronus2478

Hey you lot!
So, after months and months of way too much to do I'm hereby announcing my return to this board (*winks at Teekon* yep, I'm going to start catching up on your fanfic ) Grinsen
Speaking about English lessons at school, I myself had quite a mix of teachers and teaching styles in my 8 years at Gymnasium.
In our first year, we had this on the one hand quite nice teacher who did lots of activities with us - for example one day we had to bring stuff for a typical English breakfast to class and then we tried to act out little dialogues about food while we ate and she filmed us - but on the other hand she was way too strict to some of us and clearly had favourites.

Then after she left, in came a very young teacher with a quite different style of teaching. For one, he insisted on speaking nothing but English - and we were in year 2 at the Gymnasium - with a broad American accent, and he set on a high standard very soon... Whilst in year 2 I hated him, but thinking back his classes have done wonders for my English vocabulary.

Year 3 and 4 with yet another teacher, also American English. I still recall writing at least 2 A4 Pages each lesson, as he covered all the topics in the book in much more detail than required Augenzwinkern For example, when speaking about Florida he not only did the exercises and stories from the book, he also told us lots of stuff about crocodiles, the Everglades, the Space Center at Cape Canaveral and the history of space travel in general ...
I loved his little lectures and I think I've also gained a lot from these years, even if he was a bit difficult to get on with at times.

The best classes of English I clearly had in my last 4 years at Gymnasium. Not only did I personally get on brilliantly with my English teacher, I also loved her classes as we did lots of different things, it was never boring and I simply enjoyed myself almost every time.

meine alternative history zu Band 7
12.03.2009 23:59 Sirius15 ist offline E-Mail an Sirius15 senden Homepage von Sirius15 Beiträge von Sirius15 suchen Nehme Sirius15 in deine Freundesliste auf Füge Sirius15 in deine Kontaktliste ein MSN Passport-Profil von Sirius15 anzeigen Skype-Name von Sirius15: violetangel33
Kings Crossie Kings Crossie ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Werbellin

@Lilly-Potter

Oh I didn't wrote in the last time, too. I'm sorry!
mmh...I know that in HP6 the trafalger square is in and there I was too. other places I don't know, but perhaps you will find the telephone house from HP5 where the entrance to the ministry is. I'm not sure but I think that I walked on the Street which you see in the background in this scene in the movie. It must be in the near of trafalger square.

oh! yes I know Twilight!!! I read all the books in german but nowly I read the first 264 pages from midnight sun from the internet in english. I love the books!! They are great!! But i find the movie is not so good, because they take so much away. The realisation from book to film made warner bros. with harry potter much better. Althogh Twilight film is unfotunatly good too.
29.03.2009 12:23 Kings Crossie ist offline Beiträge von Kings Crossie suchen Nehme Kings Crossie in deine Freundesliste auf
~Miss-.-mini:*me~
unregistriert

I had three different teachers in the past six years and fortunately each one got better instead of the other way around. The first one was pretty creepy. She could speak English very well but she absolutely couldnât teach. It was all vocabularies, irregular verbs and PETER (her rabbit-puppet) â I think she confused us with her little kidsâ¦

I was a maroon in English and I only managed to pass grades by copying things from my friends (what a shame! *blush*) Luckily, the teacher didnât stay for long and traded school so that we got a new one for one year. He was pretty cool, very funny and easy-going. TOO easy-going. Again, we didnât learn much. In fact; itâs just because of harry potter (and my impatience) that I managed to improve my creepy English.

It started with the release of DH. I was so obsessed with the series that I just COULDNâT wait any longer. So I made myself a promise: to improve my English so that I could understand the book. And if I want something very badly, I normally find a way to reach my goal.

So I started to read Fanfictions on harrypotterfanfiction.com and I got better and better and then the big day arrived: DH got released! First I had some difficulties with understanding but when I got used to Rowlings style (and realized that there are a lot of similarities between French, Spanish (two languages I already mastered) and English) it got easier and somewhere in the middle of the book I didnât even realize it was English any longer. I just kept reading and reading⦠and so I became a big fan of the language.

Two months later my mom got me the Deathly Hallows in german but I didnât like it as much as I liked the original. I put it away after the second chapter and started to re-read the English version and it got even better! Because now I was able to understand those things I didnât understand at the first try.

I searched for another series that I could read in English (I had to get past my potter-obsession which got worse after I discovered that the books were even better when you read them in English) and what I found was Twilight.

Well, Iâm sure you can imagine that my potter-obsession-problem is solved now, after I made the connection with Edward Cullen. But there is also a new obsession I have to worry Twilight *sigh*

The hot vampire series wrapped me even further into the language because I love the interviews with the cast and I love fanfictions and the amazing websites the Americans created for the series.

I think I havenât touched a single book written in german for two years nor seen a movie which is translated from English to german. Iâm feeling like a freak, an addict. English-addict. breites Grinsen But I love it.

My current teacher even uses to tell me Iâm better than she is in English (and she is REALLY GOOD. The best we had so far (ALL subjects considered))
Unfortunately the rest of my classmates arenât as passionate with the language as I am and I have to slow down a lot in the lessons, making them quiet boring and uninteresting for me.

But this summer Iâm going to another school. And I hope Iâm the worst student in English so I have finally some competitions and can improve my skills again (difficulties are always good motivations for me because I CANâT STAND to be the worst in anything)

At the moment Iâm trying to slow down a little because Iâm already known as âthe English dictionaryâ and I certainly do not wish to go in history as âthe English freakâ breites Grinsen

But Iâm still glad that Harry Potter managed to transform me from a complete English-maroon to a stable English-Lover in just the course of a few weeks breites Grinsen

greets

miss mini me Cool

P.S: Does anybody know a book which is good enough to distract me from twilight and cure my obsession? (English of course ;D) My mom would thank you a lot since I'm driving her mad with Edward Cullen Augenzwinkern Fröhlich

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von ~Miss-.-mini:*me~: 12.04.2009 21:14.

12.04.2009 21:10
Lupinia
unregistriert

@~Miss-.-mini:*me~

I don't know what kind of genre you like or prefer to read but I have read "Confessions of a Shopaholic" recently and I really enjoyed it.
Or maybe a Sherlock Holmes story or Shakespeare (it really not that hard to understand).

Those are a few suggestions I can tell of, so if you're interested you can try Augenzwinkern

Lupi
12.04.2009 23:01
Seiten (36): « erste ... « vorherige 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 nächste » ... letzte » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH