Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
List for English books (besides HP) (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.04.2008 21:08 von Rain of Roses   40.432 52   27.08.2013 15:41 von sweetdark  
WANTED! English-speaking Harry Potter-fan! (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   08.06.2012 23:37 von Puroduroo   25.032 49   11.12.2012 16:46 von Chloe Riddle  
[User-Fanfiction] Bones in the Corner (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   27.12.2011 23:45 von DearDobby   2.011 0   13.01.2012 13:19 von DearDobby  
English essay! (Forum: McGonagalls Büro)   25.08.2010 15:47 von LordHuhn   3.372 5   22.10.2010 15:37 von Eralyn  
Bachelor Thesis Umfrage / Survey (German/English) zur [...] (Forum: King's Cross)   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit   3.250 0   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (36): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen English Corner 19 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,37
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
penelope
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

The English books are much better!!!!!!Really,and you can learn by reading.I read fifth book(in English) in three days and when I read later the German one I was annoyed about that stupid translation! Wütend

Can only say :Take my advice and read the English version!
14.02.2005 14:59
green eyed witch
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

@penelope: Hey,you're slow! Fröhlich I read OotP in one day (and half a night) Augenzwinkern Later I borrowed the german book,but I only read my favourite chapters.It's really not the same in German... Keine Ahnung
@fanny: You should really try to read the books in English.It really isn't that difficult and IT'S ORIGINAL!!! Grinsen
14.02.2005 22:02
fanny
unregistriert

hi @ all !!!!
ok you all say the same i think i will read the english version . but which book should i read???? the first , the second, the third, ...... Keine Ahnung please help me Nachdenken
thx
16.02.2005 17:56
stachelchen stachelchen ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-49490.jpg

Herkunft: Dresden

Hey fanny,

I've looked up your age in your profile (I hope that's OK?!) and I saw that you're nearly as old as I am and so I can expect, that you've already had circa five years English lessons at school, is that right? I began with the fifth book, but I would suggest you to begin with the first and go on with the next books. There are two advantages:

-You have the right order while reading the books breites Grinsen , which is quite good for understanding, although you've already read the german books (so I guess).
-I can tell you from my experience that the fifth book is not only more extensive (or to say it easier: has many, many pages more) than the other books but it is also more difficult to read because of some words which are in the books from the beginning. These words are sometimes necessary to understand the whole text. So it is the best to start with the beginning Grinsen .

All in all, I'd suggest you to read all the books breites Grinsen , and if you don't want to read all then read with the first, the second or the third book, but not the fourth or fifth one at first (Because I had no good experiences with that way of doing it.).

I hope I coul help you and have fun with reading!

Greets Umarmen

16.02.2005 18:18 stachelchen ist offline E-Mail an stachelchen senden Beiträge von stachelchen suchen Nehme stachelchen in deine Freundesliste auf
fanny
unregistriert

@ stachelchen

of course it´s ok that you look up. ähmm... thank you for your tipp .I try to read the first book ( i must buy it Augenzwinkern ) So I hope my english will be better. You can really good english I think, because you write very good Applaus
17.02.2005 18:23
fifilein fifilein ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-62714.png

Herkunft: living my dream in Southsea, England

i think the first book is the easiest one. it is not that difficult. but the others aren'difficult too. i dont read them in german anymore. they are simply too long.

lg fufo Umarmen

17.02.2005 21:39 fifilein ist offline E-Mail an fifilein senden Beiträge von fifilein suchen Nehme fifilein in deine Freundesliste auf
stachelchen stachelchen ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-49490.jpg

Herkunft: Dresden

@Colin Creevey: I think that these are mistakes which are very stupid because the words are definitely translatable. And how he managed it is not a very good solution, to transform "blood" into "Milch" Wütend , really. But what can we do? It's not an easy job to translate such extensive books in a very short time, but before the book is printed there are many test-readers (I think) who read the book. I wonder they read and how thoroughly they do this Nachdenken .
And concerning the chapters I have to agree with you, I know some other english books in which it's the same with the chapter-names - they're on top of every page Top .

Greets to everyone Umarmen !

20.02.2005 17:01 stachelchen ist offline E-Mail an stachelchen senden Beiträge von stachelchen suchen Nehme stachelchen in deine Freundesliste auf
lijan
unregistriert

Hey fanny. there is a very nice solution to your problem:

hope i could help.
20.02.2005 17:50
ChingChuan
unregistriert

I agree with you! My mother tongue is Dutch, and Dutch is a nice language, but I think English is... Well, it's sounds better, it's easier than Dutch (our grammar is difficult, I think, it's even said that Dutch is one of the most difficult languages on this world Augenzwinkern ) and everyone can speak it.
Of cours,e my mother tongue is also important, I still Dutch, but I tthink English sounds more beautiful Augenzwinkern .

Are any of you going to read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in English? Because I think it won't be very great if you have to wait until HP6 is translated in German (or Dutch Zunge raus ).... I'm definitely going to read HP&HBP in English, because I don't want to wait for a translation that is filled with mistakes and errors, and I don't think I'll be able to wait for a half of a year... I don't have really much problems reading English, so I thik I'll manage Zunge raus .

There's also a book, I thought it was called "Zauber"- (followed by a word that means "dictionary" in German) and it's a kind of English-German dictionary with all Harry Potter words (like Muggle, Squib, Hogwarts etc.) included. There's also a Dutch translation of that book ("Het Groot Toverwoordenboek") and it's very useful if you don't know all English names of things and people from the Harry Potter books...
22.02.2005 13:26
Bellatrix
unregistriert

Dear English-Corner fans,

I must ask you to limit your conversations to topics concerning Harry Potter.. we unfortunately had to delete almost 2 pages!

Thanks to those of you who have been trying to steer the conversations back to Harry Potter Grinsen

28.02.2005 18:02
Verdana
unregistriert

verrückt Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi everybody!!!

I wanted to read the fifth book in English.But I thought that I were not able to understand the text.
Maybe,I read the sixth book in English.I don't know!You all say that it ist better in Englisch!

I will see.......

(I hope,my English isn't so bad!!!)
01.03.2005 16:26
lijan
unregistriert

Hi !

I made the experience, that audio books are easier to understand. My friend told me that she found it hard to read the fifth book(her english is a good as mine). And thats why i wasn't sure if i should listen to the fifth audio book. But I love to do that. Althogh the fifth book is on my "best-potter-book-list" the last, it's my favourite audio book.

They are quite expensive, i can't deny. But i think it is worth it Grinsen
01.03.2005 16:54
green eyed witch
unregistriert

I like the audio books as well.Stephen Fry is doing a good job.But I would have liked it even better if there were different speakers for every character (like in the German LotR audio book)
06.03.2005 14:04
lijan
unregistriert

yes, Stephen Fry is good.
But I think Jim Dale is better Augenzwinkern

(I think one is the british, one the american and one the australien english. I also guess, that Jim Dale is british and Stephen Fry is american. Could that be right?)
06.03.2005 19:05
green eyed witch
unregistriert

Never heard of Jim Dale Keine Ahnung But I'm certain that Steven Fry is British.So Jim Dale must be American or Australian Nachdenken
07.03.2005 20:33
Seiten (36): « erste ... « vorherige 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 nächste » ... letzte » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH