Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
List for English books (besides HP) (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.04.2008 21:08 von Rain of Roses   40.196 52   27.08.2013 15:41 von sweetdark  
WANTED! English-speaking Harry Potter-fan! (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   08.06.2012 23:37 von Puroduroo   24.875 49   11.12.2012 16:46 von Chloe Riddle  
[User-Fanfiction] Bones in the Corner (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   27.12.2011 23:45 von DearDobby   1.991 0   13.01.2012 13:19 von DearDobby  
English essay! (Forum: McGonagalls Büro)   25.08.2010 15:47 von LordHuhn   3.352 5   22.10.2010 15:37 von Eralyn  
Bachelor Thesis Umfrage / Survey (German/English) zur [...] (Forum: King's Cross)   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit   3.231 0   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (36): « vorherige 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen English Corner 19 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,37
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
AshleyBlack AshleyBlack ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-60623.gif

Pottermore-Name: HexCharm94

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I had a little bit English in the Kindergarten (it also calls so in England and America - really, if don't know that) and I had a subscription to an English course in the third and fourth class. Every month I got a notebook and a cassette - sometimes there was also a CD-Rom. Then, in the fifth, I began to learn English. Now I'm in the ninth class of a secondary school. English is great!!!! Last Year I began to leran french, but it's more complicate than english. In my opinion, english is better than french (or german Augenzwinkern ).
I also have mistakes at school, I'm not perfect in english. Grinsen
I read the Harry Potter Books in german so often and then I read the second and third in english. Now, I'm trying to get the fifth.

08.10.2004 18:27 AshleyBlack ist offline E-Mail an AshleyBlack senden Homepage von AshleyBlack Beiträge von AshleyBlack suchen Nehme AshleyBlack in deine Freundesliste auf
Mad-Eye Dobby
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hello @ all

I'd just want to say hello.. Grinsen
I'm sorry if I can't write in English very well, but at school I've got English just one year ago. (I live in Switzerland)
I've got book 5 in English and it's better than the German version.

Greetings
16.10.2004 17:02
Emma W.
unregistriert

Hey I think this corner is great.
I would say that I love to read the HP-books in english
02.11.2004 17:17
ChingChuan
unregistriert

Hi everyone,

it's an English thread, so of course I'm here Zunge raus .

I think my English is far better than my German so I think I'll spend most of my time in this board but I hope I will learn to rely less on English, because talking English to German people I meet is a little stupid if I can talk also German Zunge raus .

But eh well, fahrenheit 9/11 isn't really a Harry Potter thing, is it? (*let's find some Harry Potter things to talk bout Zunge raus )

What do you think about the German or whatever language Harry Potter is translated in, version of the Harry Potter books? Do you think it's translated the right way, or do you think that the english edition is far better than HP in you native language? (this is a HP subject Zunge raus )

I think the German version is quite gut, at least I only read the first part... In one of the last chapters, this line: I like it because I can imagine Harry saying that all in German Zunge raus . Unfortunately I can't really say whether it's a good translation because I don't know enough of the language Zunge raus .
The Dutch translations are: RUBBISH! They (the publisher) don't give that poor translator enough time to translate Harry Potter, so he messed everything up, confused things with other things, translated things twice etc.
A few examples:
The Department of Mysteries & the office of misinformation: Two entirely different parts of the Ministry of Magic, yet he managed to give the BOTH of them the SAME name: "departement van mystificatie". Mistificatie refers to that "misinformation" while 'departement' refers of course to the 'department of mysteries'. I still can't understand why he messed it up.
Same for the people who work in the departments and offices mentioned above: They are unspeakables and obliviators yet again he gives them the same name: Verbloemisten (which refers to the obliviators).

Is a Stunner a "Lamstraal" or a "Verlamvloek" or a "verstijvingsvloek"? Three names for one curse...

Is Care for Magical Creatures "Zorg for Magische dieren" or "Verzorging voor Fabeldieren?"

And so on...

So I think the english version is better than the Dutch one Zunge raus .

Does anyone else want to give their opinion? Zunge raus .
23.12.2004 22:12
nighmi nighmi ist männlich
Schüler

LOL, did they translate one expression in English, with several in dutch?
I think, it is done in the German version, too, but not that much. But the German translator is too stupid to understand English at all. Translating 713 with 719 and "Snap Explodes" with "Snape Explodiert"....
It is changed in the newer versions I think, but that doesn't mean the translator is good.

BTW:
Is Care for Magical Creatures "Zorg for Magische dieren" or "Verzorging voor Fabeldieren?"

I would say [but I don't know of the Dutch language] the first thing is right, because the German "Fabeltier" means that it isn't existing, but in the book it is existing, and you should imagine that the animals exist

23.12.2004 22:31 nighmi ist offline Beiträge von nighmi suchen Nehme nighmi in deine Freundesliste auf
Eosphoros
Xperts Fanfiction Wettbewerb Gold-Award-Winner

images/avatars/avatar-17681.jpg

Herkunft: Von Oben

Okay let's try it in English.

In my opinion, the translator tried to transfer the word joke into German. You have the same pronouncation <snape> and <snap>. The first one means the man with the name <Snape>, and the other one means the card-game.
You will perceive the joke or the similarity of both.
I'm sure that the German translator wanted to show this similarity thus.

Everytime translation is interpretation. So you don't read the author's version you read the translator's or interpretator's version.

(I hate grammar!)

06.01.2005 18:04 Eosphoros ist offline E-Mail an Eosphoros senden Beiträge von Eosphoros suchen Nehme Eosphoros in deine Freundesliste auf Füge Eosphoros in deine Kontaktliste ein
Thiuri
unregistriert

It's "Exploding snap" in the original, not "Snap explodes", isn't it?
The translation "Snape explodiert" is complete rubbish, of course, but somehow the idea is quite nice, I think. The Gryffindors let their most hated teacher explode, if only in a game.
Anyway, the game is translated correctly in "Orden des Phönix", it is "explodierende Mau-Mau Karten".
08.01.2005 19:02
Alicia Spinnet
unregistriert

@ ChingChuan

Well, I haven't read the Dutch version Cool so I can't say anything about it but in my opinion the English version is much better than the German one.

And that isn't because of the "mistakes" the translator made. I mean, I'm translating myself and so I know that it's sometimes really hard. So I can understand the translator doesn't translate word by word.

I prefer the English version, though, because I ike to know in which style an author writes. And I also think the characters come across better than in German. But that's simply the curse of the translation. Traurig

As Eosphoros already said you always have tor interprete when you're translating which can be really hard.

Hm, I just realised I didn't read the books in many different languages so I cannot compare them as well as others are able to. My cousin, for example, has read Book V in four different languages: English, German, Spanish and Swedish. Geschockt

I once tried to read the first few sentences of the Spanish version but had to admit that I forgot everything I ever learned so I couldn't understand it properly. Just a few words... Fröhlich

Did you read one/all of the books in another language, other than Dutch, English or German?
19.01.2005 16:13
HermineG. HermineG. ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Aus der Mitte Hessen's

I also think that the english version is much better. Sometimes it is not easy to translate. And a grate advantage is, that the english book is being published earlier. Augenzwinkern
19.01.2005 19:18 HermineG. ist offline E-Mail an HermineG. senden Beiträge von HermineG. suchen Nehme HermineG. in deine Freundesliste auf
Alicia Spinnet
unregistriert

Absolutely right! breites Grinsen

That's why I'll buy it in English. I just can't wait till the German translation is out, I just have to read this book.

We waited long enough, eh? Augenzwinkern
20.01.2005 16:37
green eyed witch
unregistriert

Yep! I agree,that the English version is better and (especially in the second book) much funnier.A lot of jokes just can't be translated.
04.02.2005 20:48
ChingChuan
unregistriert

I also translate, and of course it's impossible to translate word-by-word, but I think the mistakes in the Dutch version are just the results of mixing things up... At least, the most mistakes in the Dutch version are things that are mixed up with each other, or words that have been translated different than before (like: Zorg voor Magische Dieren and Verzorging voor Fabeldieren, it both meanse 'Care for Magical Creatures')...

But I don't think it's entirely the translator's fault, the Dutch publisher only gives the translator about 6 months to translate the book , and I think that's not really much time...

[qoute]
Did you read one/all of the books in another language, other than Dutch, English or German?[/quote]
I read the Latin and the Greek version, I'm trying the Chinese version (in other words: I have to translate every character and figure out what it exactly means in the sentence) and I have read one sentence in the Japanese Version. I also have an Ukrainian (is that correct? It comes from a land that we call "Oekraïne" in Dutch) but I can't really read that, the letters look quite like greek but I don't understand anything at all Augenzwinkern .
I collect Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in different languages, so now you know how I get to read all those languages... Augenzwinkern .
07.02.2005 10:42
fanny
unregistriert

hey
first i want to say is that my english is not so good but i hope you can understand me. I never read Harry potter book in english I don´t know why but I have the feeling tht I´m not good enough for it. But I watched Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets in english,not all but a little bit.
09.02.2005 17:38
HermineG. HermineG. ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Aus der Mitte Hessen's

Hallo
@Fanny
In my opinion you should try and read the books in english.
The first book is easy and the books are not very expensiv.
By the way you know the dutch version so you know what will happen.
Bye
09.02.2005 18:43 HermineG. ist offline E-Mail an HermineG. senden Beiträge von HermineG. suchen Nehme HermineG. in deine Freundesliste auf
Colin Creevey Colin Creevey ist männlich
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-46687.jpg

Herkunft: BaWü

Yes, the original English books are much better, because "Klaus Fritz" translated the German's really, really bad Traurig !!! Some words, by which Joanne was thinking something translated Klaus totally other than he had to Wütend !! Like "Exploding Snap" (Snape explodiert Bang ) or "Dragonblood" (Drachenmilch Bang ) NAd Bloomsbury does print them better on each page is written in which chapter you're Top ! So all in all there are much pro's for the English books!

Kick-Ass

(\__/) Das ist Hasi.
( °.° ) Kopiere Hasi in deine Signatur
( >< ) und hilf ihm die Welt zu erobern.
13.02.2005 19:08 Colin Creevey ist offline E-Mail an Colin Creevey senden Homepage von Colin Creevey Beiträge von Colin Creevey suchen Nehme Colin Creevey in deine Freundesliste auf
Seiten (36): « vorherige 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 nächste » ... letzte » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH