Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
List for English books (besides HP) (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.04.2008 21:08 von Rain of Roses   40.209 52   27.08.2013 15:41 von sweetdark  
WANTED! English-speaking Harry Potter-fan! (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   08.06.2012 23:37 von Puroduroo   24.884 49   11.12.2012 16:46 von Chloe Riddle  
[User-Fanfiction] Bones in the Corner (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   27.12.2011 23:45 von DearDobby   1.992 0   13.01.2012 13:19 von DearDobby  
English essay! (Forum: McGonagalls Büro)   25.08.2010 15:47 von LordHuhn   3.353 5   22.10.2010 15:37 von Eralyn  
Bachelor Thesis Umfrage / Survey (German/English) zur [...] (Forum: King's Cross)   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit   3.235 0   11.10.2010 23:01 von BachelorArbeit  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (36): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 4 5 nächste » ... letzte » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen English Corner 19 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,3719 Bewertungen - Durchschnitt: 9,37
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
fallen
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Um, I only read HP#5 in English because I couldn't wait anymore and I must confess, that it was hard to read. I also didn't read some pages because they were firstly, uninteresting and/or secondly because I didn't understand anything ^_~ But when you've read in, it may get easier. If you really want to read HP in English, I would firstly try the first book.
05.07.2004 11:02
Annabelle Hermione
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

fallen is right!
I read the 5th book last summer and it was really difficult and I took my English dictionary with my book everywhere I went. Some time later, I was fed up with it and just read on without the dictionary. It was diffiuclt at first, but I quickly got the hang of it, cause words occurred again and stuff. Well,it's really not that bad, I swear, guyz!! Augenzwinkern

I also read the book because I couldn't wait anymore and it was the first book I ever read that was in english, so it was even more difficult.

Well, I read all books so far in German and English expect the 3rd one in english.
05.07.2004 18:01
stachelchen stachelchen ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-49490.jpg

Herkunft: Dresden

I'm reading the English books at the moment - and it's great! I can't really tell you why I like reading the English books more than reading the German ones. Of course there are some jokes which you can't really translate so well. So the real sense of humour of J.K.R. gets lost often. Here I've got an example for a not translatetable joke:

I don't really like the German translation because it sounds a little bit strange; the English language is better in this aspect that you can say something in a much shorter way. Maybe these are some reasons why I like the original versions more than the German ones.

05.07.2004 18:06 stachelchen ist offline E-Mail an stachelchen senden Beiträge von stachelchen suchen Nehme stachelchen in deine Freundesliste auf
Annabelle Hermione
unregistriert

Yes, the jokes are better and shorter. Fröhlich That's why the English books are also not as thick as the German ones.
The joke with the boggart in the 3rd film is also better than in the German version:

Lupin: Now all together: RIDDIKULUS!
The class: RIDDIKULUS!
Malfoy: This class is ridiculous! Lachen Lachen Lachen

But in German:
Malfoy: Wie im Kindergarten...

(Sorry for the German, just had to show the difference)

OK, bye!
AHO
05.07.2004 21:59
Scarlett
unregistriert

but some kind of jokes are also funny in the german version of the book. but you are right so far, that they are a lot more shorter than in german.
I love the scene in the 5th book, where harry, ron and hermione meet gilderoy lockhart again in st. mungo.
"I can do joined-up writing now, you know!" Lachen
but back to topic breites Grinsen
er... yeah what more could I say? Nachdenken I don´t thnk there is many intelligent for me to add Fröhlich
06.07.2004 15:44
Frick
unregistriert

I prefer reading the original versions. As far as I'm concerned the German translations are - not only considering the jokes - less enjoyable and magical than the English ones. I don't know if it's up to the german language itself but I think the one who translated it is somehow incapable of doing it all right. Well, ok, I think it's rather difficult to translate the book properly (I'd been trying to do it by myself for my little sister last summer but gave up pretty soon because I was so eager to go on reading... Augenzwinkern )
Anyway, anyone who wants to try to read the english version just do it, you'll be delighted!! And as soon as you've finished the very first pages you won't recognise anymore that it's not your mother tongue!! ;-)
But I would advise to start with the first one because most of the foreign words of the wizarding world are explained there (Harry doesn't know the meaning of many of them eigther...)
once you're through with the books you'll even start to think in English. And thsi definetely IS some kind of improvement!!! breites Grinsen

so don't be scared, you'll love it!!
07.07.2004 03:07
casandra
unregistriert

There you all say that is also easy to read the original version. I will trust you and try it by my self. I hope so I become better in English. Augenzwinkern

so long cassy
07.07.2004 07:06
Siriusa
unregistriert

Yeah, that's true! When I read all the books in english I could hardly stop thinking in english. Sometimes I even do not remember the german names! Like Buckbeak or Boggart... Fröhlich That's funny!

@ Casandra: that's cool that you want to read them all in english! It will really help you to prove your english and the best is, that you can read book 6 sooner! You don't have to wait for the german one! Top
07.07.2004 09:50
casandra
unregistriert

@ Siriusa

Thats the real reason because i wil try to read the english books. So i can read the 6 book faster. breites Grinsen

cu cassy
07.07.2004 10:10
Siriusa
unregistriert

@ Casandra: That's exact the reason, why I read the english books breites Grinsen and, of course, to improve my english. But it was very easy to read them. If you start with book 1 and then book 2 and so on... that's a good way. You can buy them at amazon.de and you pay only 30,00 € for all 5 books! That's cheap.
07.07.2004 15:20
Frick
unregistriert

There's another positive feature: the english books are cheaper than the german editions... (most of them are already available as paperbacks, about 10 Euro each, cheapest at amazon or ebay but I doubt who'll find anyone who'll give their hp books away breites Grinsen )
07.07.2004 15:38
stachelchen stachelchen ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-49490.jpg

Herkunft: Dresden

Oh, I've just seen that there are a lot more reasons why I prefer reading the english books, you are all right!

Of course the english books are cheaper! OK, when the Order of the Phoenix came out I paid 14,80€ (Hugendubel), but in May I bought the first four books in a box and I was so lucky because they've setted the price down for a few days so I only paid 24,99€! And then think about it, the german versions stay expensive all the time! And to wait for the cheaper version takes a lot of time...Then better improve your english with reading the english books breites Grinsen .

It's right, I already started to think english, too. After reading ten minutes I was in the book and it really felt like english is my mother tongue. I'm happy that this is not crazy (as I used to think) but quite normal. I love this board here; I'm enjoying to exchange thoughts with other fans and readers here and that while writing in english!

And of course it's a real advantage when you read the english books because Klaus Fritz needs a half of a year or so to translate the books - I couldn't wait so long! I have to read the new book when it is offered the first day and not one second (Augenzwinkern ) later!

I've also told a friend of mine to try and read the english books, because it's really easy and today she said to me that she will try it when the 6th book comes! She's got also mark one in english and so I think she won't have problems. Nothing can happen - but an improvement of your english!

07.07.2004 16:16 stachelchen ist offline E-Mail an stachelchen senden Beiträge von stachelchen suchen Nehme stachelchen in deine Freundesliste auf
Annabelle Hermione
unregistriert

The english books are alot cheaper!!
You can get them for barely 10 € at Hugendubel, the best bookstore ever in my opinion =))) !!!
07.07.2004 18:33
tinks
unregistriert

cool Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Go ahead! The books are actually much funnier in english, because there are so many jokes that just cannot be translated - it's sadly impossible!
And if you read two books at the same time anyway, may I suggest reading the english and the german version of the same book? Much easier than looking all the unfamiliar words up in the dictionary one by one! Cool
07.07.2004 18:42
casandra
unregistriert

Hello again,

yesterda I started t read teh english books. I was only at the public library, and they only had HP and the goblet of fire and HP and the order of the phoenix this time. So I taken them to read. When I was at hoe I rigght away started to read. It´s not so easy for me because I havent´t any english lessons since four years ago. But with al littel help from my dictionary i make it. I´m not so wde only at Chapeter four but I will go on. And I konw in the end I succeed.

Thank yo for encourage me

so long cassy
08.07.2004 07:45
Seiten (36): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 4 5 nächste » ... letzte » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » English Corner

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH