Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
English Corner (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.06.2004 23:44 von Bellatrix   116.957 525   15.01.2016 14:02 von NevilleLongbottom  
Thank you for travelling with.... (Forum: Politik und Gesellschaft)   16.01.2011 17:34 von Bernhard Nowak   39.271 111   03.08.2015 18:29 von V-o-l-d-e-m-o-r-t  
Character Elimination Game (Forum: Koboldstein-Klub)   22.08.2009 10:00 von Sirius' Lady   859.214 14.030   07.11.2014 15:37 von vanillax  
Character Cage Match (Forum: Literatur)   07.08.2014 18:19 von Polaris   1.362 0   07.08.2014 18:49 von Polaris  
Umfrage: More than Honey (Forum: Kino & TV)   03.02.2014 13:06 von Glaedr   1.069 0   03.02.2014 15:35 von Glaedr  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » which character comes across better/worse in English than in German? » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (3): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen which character comes across better/worse in English than in German?
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Ravanna Ravanna ist weiblich
Vertrauensschüler im Ruhestand

images/avatars/avatar-44391.jpg

Herkunft: Avalon

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Well, that's difficult to say... Nachdenken
the first thing you recognise is - of course - Snape's voice. His german voices both - they were different indeed - weren't / aren't bad, though I think, that the new one espacially got a point in the scene with the marauders map - the man doing the dubbing hit this "soft hissing". Perhaps you are lucky and RTL.de still has got the german video-clips online - go and compare it! Top

Harry Potter's voice I also liked better in english - tough, I'm not sure, is it a new voice, too, for him ? Keine Ahnung Or is this boy just growing up, like Dan ?

Maggie Smith gives McGonagall this scottish accent, that I'm missing in her german voice.

24.07.2004 22:47 Ravanna ist offline E-Mail an Ravanna senden Beiträge von Ravanna suchen Nehme Ravanna in deine Freundesliste auf
LobbyBlack
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

all of them are better in the original versions, though I think the german voices in PoA are kinda good...
17.08.2004 18:58
frommy
unregistriert

Now a friend gave me the book "read by Stephen Fry"... and I must admit, that there is a really great difference between the original version and the translation -just concerning the jokes- as you have already mentioned.
But to say something about the German book version, I am - in spite of some mistakes- really satisfied with the vocabulary! Of course it is due to the great vocabulary in the Original, but it is also not really easy to translate all this in a really good German.

Well, I only know the English voices from the trailers, but I was a bit disappointed about the great differences between the German and English voices of the trio Hermione, Harry and Ron. In German they all sound still somehow like kids, and that`s sometimes almost laughable,- that`s what I felt watching the film in the cinema. But of course: it is not anyone`s guilt that people do not change their voices (i mean "Stimmenbruch" sorry, I don`t know the word) at the same time, so it is okay.

Dame Maggie Smith alias Prof. McGonagall, well, I like "both" charakters so much... and I find, that the German voice of her just fits. Perhaps it is a kind of being used to, but I feel, that the German voice sounds a little bit warmer and motherly Umarmen

is the German song "something wicked this way comes".....as "Was da kommt ist ganz gemein"! Sorry, but within this there is everything just bad: the translation and the voices! It`s really a German "Kinderchor"...
17.09.2004 23:47
Alicia Spinnet
unregistriert

I have to agree... in OV the voices are much better...

I had the distinct impression, I knew the voice from the german "Harry"... but I dunno where I heard it before... Nachdenken

I'm so looking forward to the DVD of PoA! Applaus I can't wait watching it in OV. Especially the twins will be great, I know it, it's a feeling... breites Grinsen

But I'm really glad they changed "harry's" german voise cuz I think in the first two movies it was quite irritaing, this high-pitched voice... Traurig

I also think that McGonagall comes across in OV much better than in German. Did I ever mention I love the Scottish accent?

Yeah, so now guess, which character I think came across best in OV?

Oliver Wood (a.k.a. Sean Biggerstaff) of course! Top Applaus breites Grinsen

That guy is just GREAT! Did you ever listen to that accent? *sighs dreamily* He is a GOD!

Kay, now I will end this and go dreamin' 'bout Sean... Augenzwinkern

Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Alicia Spinnet: 23.09.2004 16:58.

23.09.2004 16:55
Yukiya
unregistriert

I think a lot of you will agree when I say Hagrid´s talkin is much funnier to hear and to read in the english version. Though It´s a little bit hard to understand sometimes. Also better is the english accent of the french people in GoF. In the german version it did not sound that lively.
I can´t wait for the PoA DVD. I wonder how the film feels in its original sound.

But I also wonder why people complain abot "bad synchro" those of you watching Anime, especially oler ones, should´ve become used to really bad synchros. And the synchs from the HP Movies are really solid good work in my opinion
25.11.2004 03:16
DalaMagic
unregistriert

RE: which character comes across better/worse in English than in German? Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Yepp, you are right.

Alan Rickmans voice you cant translate with all that power and,.. you know.
Tom Felton (Draco) sounds much more like his age (deeper voice) in the latest film as well as Dan and Ron
If you ask for me, Ron sounds much more funny in English, especialy the part "Why spiders? Why cant we just follow the butterflies?" where his voice seemed to break breites Grinsen

The German voices are supposed to be like the age of the book, perfect and suitable. If you ask for me, I prefer the real. Always.

Dala
16.05.2005 14:30
Britney4eva
unregistriert

I Think Ron is better in German, 'cause I don't like his original voice!
But Fred and George a far better in English!!!!!!!!!!!
And also are Hermione, Hagrid, Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and Dumbledore!
08.06.2005 17:55
Eudaemoneon Eudaemoneon ist männlich
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-1689.jpg

Herkunft: Karlsruhe

In my opinion, each and every character comes across far better in English than in German... The translation can't capture the original, and the voice actors can't either.
Anyway, I consider the German dubs good work. It's just that they don't stand a chance. Augenzwinkern

10.07.2005 11:42 Eudaemoneon ist offline E-Mail an Eudaemoneon senden Homepage von Eudaemoneon Beiträge von Eudaemoneon suchen Nehme Eudaemoneon in deine Freundesliste auf Füge Eudaemoneon in deine Kontaktliste ein AIM-Name von Eudaemoneon: Eudaemoneon
Ephix
unregistriert

I was very disappointed about Hagrids losing his marvellous Scottish accent :/
I mean, it's just sooooooo cool, the way he speaks, his grammar and stuff Grinsen

And of course the whole book is a lot better in English, the books can never capture such a linguistic masterpiece ;-)

But Fritz does a good job ^^
26.09.2005 16:58
Miia Miia ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-16600.jpg

a long lapse of time since the last 'post'.
anyway i wanted to say that either a book or a movie is much better in the ov than in the synchronization (what a wonderful word :roflGrinsen .

does the non-synchronization movie (the original Lachen Lachen :roflGrinsen release in german before the synchronization realeses <-- strange sentences ...

yours sincerely Lachen Applaus
miia

11.10.2005 03:28 Miia ist offline Beiträge von Miia suchen Nehme Miia in deine Freundesliste auf
Typhlosion
unregistriert

I think Hermione's voice is much better in German.
Emma's voice isn't that arrogant and vain.

In the 1st Movie I loved her German voice. It's so exaggerated.
Nobody would speak like that in the real life, not the worst striver would.
The English "You've got dirt on your nose!" doesn't reach "Du hast, Dreck auf der Nase, weißt du das!?"

I didn't mind the other voices in the English Version. Well, I noticed Daniel speak very deep in contrast to the German speaker of PS/SS and CoS!
I think it was a good idea to boot out Tim Schwarzmeier Augenzwinkern
17.10.2005 22:10
MissMalfoy18
unregistriert

i've seen the movies in both languages, too... and the german synch sucks! i still can't believe that they'd given harry the old synchro in "the chamber of secrets", because in reality he was almost out of breaking voice at that time... Traurig
03.11.2005 01:31
Bruiser
unregistriert

in my opinion the english versions of the movies and books are much better than in german.

maybe it's because i love to watch english movies and to hear the charakters talking in there own language is a lot more authentic
03.11.2005 19:23
MissMalfoy18
unregistriert

it's definitely more authentic! Top
09.11.2005 21:32
Carmelita
unregistriert

you speak about the books, right?...now I'm reading the first time HP in englisch...and i'm at the begin of book 3...

a charakter who is better or worse, i don't know...but i think that i have found some dialoges are other than in german...also i read the book in an other way than in german....it's an other reading...i can't explain...but german or english...the books are in both languages very speciall and good! Top
08.03.2006 20:52
Seiten (3): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » which character comes across better/worse in English than in German?

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH