Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
English Corner (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.06.2004 23:44 von Bellatrix   116.465 525   15.01.2016 14:02 von NevilleLongbottom  
Thank you for travelling with.... (Forum: Politik und Gesellschaft)   16.01.2011 17:34 von Bernhard Nowak   39.022 111   03.08.2015 18:29 von V-o-l-d-e-m-o-r-t  
Character Elimination Game (Forum: Koboldstein-Klub)   22.08.2009 10:00 von Sirius' Lady   857.475 14.030   07.11.2014 15:37 von vanillax  
Character Cage Match (Forum: Literatur)   07.08.2014 18:19 von Polaris   1.348 0   07.08.2014 18:49 von Polaris  
Umfrage: More than Honey (Forum: Kino & TV)   03.02.2014 13:06 von Glaedr   1.062 0   03.02.2014 15:35 von Glaedr  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » which character comes across better/worse in English than in German? » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (3): [1] 2 3 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen which character comes across better/worse in English than in German?
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Emeralde Greene
unregistriert

which character comes across better/worse in English than in German? Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I was wondering whether any of you thought that one character or other came across better or worse in English than he did in German, because I simply had the feeling, that some of them did.

In my personal opinion I thought that the Creevey brothers were a lot funnier in English than in German anyway.

Any comments on that? Go ahaead, let me know. I'm just curious... breites Grinsen
20.06.2004 23:52
the dead s(i)eri(o)us
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Well, I've seen both, the original and the German Version of the third movie and I think that Ron's voice and manner suck in the German Version. I think the speaker's pitch makes him not just slightly funny, but ridiculous and stupid.
He does remind me of Shaggy from the Scooby-Doo comics whereas in the original... he doesn't.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von the dead s(i)eri(o)us: 27.06.2004 20:55.

27.06.2004 20:52
Emeralde Greene
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

I'm afraid I didn't catch Part 3 in the original yet, but I always thought that Ron wasn't half as funny in German as he was in English. Also, in my opinion, was Colin Creevey. I wish I lived in the Netherlands, they never have their movies dubbed... I am greatly looking forward to the DVD anyway.
29.06.2004 01:18
Catherine Malfoy
unregistriert

In my opinion the English films are ways better than the German ones. I saw Prisoner of Azkaban on Monday in OV and it was much more funny than the German version.
Just one example:
In the DADA class when the pupils have to fight against the boggart, Lupin makes them repeat the spell 'Riddikulus' and Malfoy says: "This class is ridiculous". In German the meaning was totally different ("Das ist ja wie im Kindergarten"). I think the original sentence was more suitable than the German "translation".
The conversation between Harry, Fred and George had been hilarious in PoA whereas in the synchronisation was kind of flat.
Well, there's no point in denying it: Harry Potter in English is better than in German or French.

So long, Cat Grinsen
30.06.2004 14:58
the dead s(i)eri(o)us
unregistriert

Quite right..but what should Malfoy say instead in the German Version?

"Diese Klasse ist ridikulös." I think that would be more accurate but way off .... I think they did a good dubbing job..but hell, who casted Ron's voice for god's sake?
07.07.2004 19:46
Emeralde Greene
unregistriert

Well, I don't think anybody's been casted for the third part in particular. They casted all the voices for all the movies when they dubbed the first movie and just kept the speakers to make it more "authentic"... or so I've heard. It would figure, if it hadn't backfired like that, I guess. I never liked the German voices really, but I feel like they getting worse....
07.07.2004 23:21
Serendipity Serendipity ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-2053.jpg

Herkunft: Süddeutschland

Hi @all!

I also think, Ron's voice is in OV better than in german.
The german voice sounds sometimes very strange - as if Ron is in puberty (ok, he is... Fröhlich ) - at the first time I saw the movie, I thought sometimes that this isn't Ron who's speaking...
Very strange... Traurig

The voice of Alan Rickman/ Snape is in OV also a lot (what did I say? There is nothing better! Fröhlich ) better than in german.
I mean, the old german voice was ok, but the new... Traurig - it's too soft...

But: Mc Gonagall's/ Meggie Smith's voice is in german better! I don't like her high- pitched voice - it sounds like a "Gießkanne" (I don't know the english word for it Augenzwinkern ) or something...

And so, the characters come along with the voices...
Ron in english: Top ; in german: well, ok...
Snape in english: breites Grinsen *muarharhar* Applaus ; in german: in the past it was better...
Mc G. in english: well, it's ok; in german: better...

But nevertheless: I think, if you understand english you must've seen the movies in OV... breites Grinsen

Cya and night!
Seren.

07.07.2004 23:27 Serendipity ist offline E-Mail an Serendipity senden Beiträge von Serendipity suchen Nehme Serendipity in deine Freundesliste auf
Emeralde Greene
unregistriert

I absolutely agree with Serendipity about the original versions beeing a "Must-See" if you are capable of understanding English. Most movies make a lot more sense when watched in the original language. Like seen in Catherine Malfoy's example about the joke in Lupin`s class, some jokes aren't really translatable.

About the old voice of Professor Snape *drool*: I've been told that the poor guy who used to his Synch died, so there`s not going to be any good Snape-voice in German anymore... Weinen I thought his voice to be the best amongst the German voices anyway.

I can`t wait to get the money for the DVDs together so I can finally watch all three parts in English...over and over again... rather than watching the videos. I borrowed the first two DVDs from a friend of mine, but she won't give them to me forever...*shrugs* Shame, isn`t it?
08.07.2004 15:22
GinnyWeasley GinnyWeasley ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-16255.jpg

Herkunft: Berlin

About Snape's German voice:

In my opinion it was the same voice than in the last two movie. I may be wrong, but I think Snape sounded all right. There was no difference.

Zauberer

Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von GinnyWeasley: 11.07.2004 03:27.

10.07.2004 03:48 GinnyWeasley ist offline E-Mail an GinnyWeasley senden Beiträge von GinnyWeasley suchen Nehme GinnyWeasley in deine Freundesliste auf
Scarlett
unregistriert

no, the german synchro in the first and second movie where diffrent. the synch died and so they had to use another - but worse one.
anyway, I always hear severus speaking english, that´s more.. well, how can I discribe it...?
sexyier? breites Grinsen It simply gives me the creeps! Top

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Scarlett: 10.07.2004 13:01.

10.07.2004 12:59
GinnyWeasley GinnyWeasley ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-16255.jpg

Herkunft: Berlin

Mhmm... I always watched the movies in English and in German and I can tell that Snape's original Voice is of course better. But in my opinion there was no difference at (?) Snape's German voice. The voice was deep and sounded like Snape breites Grinsen . But when it was another synch I think he made his work all right.

Zauberer

11.07.2004 03:27 GinnyWeasley ist offline E-Mail an GinnyWeasley senden Beiträge von GinnyWeasley suchen Nehme GinnyWeasley in deine Freundesliste auf
NewHarryPotter
unregistriert

I can only speak of Movie 1 and 2. Because i had never seen 3 till now in Germand, and i´m not looking to it. Becaue i have had enough at the difference at movie 2. And uff, but i haven´t seen any movie till half a year or more in a German Version. So, i don´t know the German version of LOTR Return of the King. and i don´t want that too. The Books of LOTR, id didn´t knowe in German too. But we are at HP Movies.
I think the Synchro had destroyed the Voice of Harry, Fred and Goerge, Molly Weasley (wow she had a great voice, and she is really working with it) .Than from the Basilisk (German Voice is against the Original Kotzen ) , and of Course Snape. In German he is ok. But the original, uf, help what is that for a dangerous Teacher.
11.07.2004 03:55
Frick
unregistriert

considering mcgonagall: the English voice is rather high-pitched and German ears are not used old ladies speaking like that. but it's quite common in English, the melodies of the sentences are quite different, that's why it sounds so strange. I think that the English voice of McGonagall is okay. It wouldn't fit if an old english lady appeared to be talking in such a deep croaky voice as a german one would do.

considering the jokes: we've been through this before... there's simply no alternative translating certain puns and jokes... it just doesn't fit.
anyway, read the english book, wtach the english movies and you'll be out of it breites Grinsen
11.07.2004 16:21
bellatrix_lestrange
unregistriert

großes Grinsen Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

well, I have to agree to all who say that the OV's are a lot better than all translations put together. The most quoted example of Alan Rickmans interpretation of Severus Snape *woaaaaah* I love him Augenzwinkern there could be no better "voice".
But as everybody said, there are some plays on words you simply can't translate without losing their effect. One good example, too, is the word Spellotape which contains the word spell and is similar to sellotape. You cannot translate this ^^ Sometimes I do not begrudge the translators having to fulfil the high expectations of the fans Augenzwinkern
But there are some mistranslations, for example the word "pencil-cases" was translated with "Bleistiftkästen" Vogel zeigen it's "Federtaschen", a basic word that my brother learned during the first week in the fifth class... Augenzwinkern But I think that's not relevant here.
Almost all characters are better in the OV especially Snape *drooling all over herself* Fröhlich Ron and the Creevey brothers ^-^

Bellatrix_Lestrange Hexe auf Besen
22.07.2004 16:00
Romolus Lupin
unregistriert

I think the harry potters films and bools are in englisch better than in German Top But my English is so bad that I can´t read Harry Potter of English and when I watch the films I don´t anderstand all! But I know the films so good that I know whats happen or wht they speak!
The voices of Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson are better in English than in German
22.07.2004 16:28
Seiten (3): [1] 2 3 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » which character comes across better/worse in English than in German?

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH