Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
[User-Fanfiction] Sam Chaucers Fanfictions - NEU: H/G/F-OS! Dazu "Forwar [...] (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   20.09.2007 00:15 von Sam Chaucer   34.029 64   02.05.2017 20:10 von Sam Chaucer  
[User-Fanfiction] Testhrus’ FF-Thread (aktuell: Neue Herausforderungen) (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   06.01.2014 18:59 von Testhrus   5.486 4   02.11.2016 19:28 von Testhrus  
Und wieder was Neues - drei E-Books über die Zaubererwelt (Forum: Joanne K. Rowling)   16.10.2016 16:04 von Witchcraft   5.364 2   19.10.2016 12:50 von Witchcraft  
Ãœbersicht eigener Foren-Beiträge (Forum: Dumbledores Büro)   08.02.2016 14:09 von Morwen   4.152 6   08.02.2016 19:11 von SarahGranger  
English Corner (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.06.2004 23:44 von Bellatrix   116.119 525   15.01.2016 14:02 von NevilleLongbottom  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » List for English books (besides HP) » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (4): « vorherige 1 2 [3] 4 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen List for English books (besides HP)
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
Larisa
Schüler

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Have you ever read by P. S. Beagle? I think some of you know the children's movie. (When I was a child, I loved it.) But the book is much better than the movie.

I usually read the books in English. An advantage is that the books are cheaper (eg. . 2 books in English costs like 1 in German) than the translated ones and a second advantage is that the original books are always better (It's just my opinion.).

And I also like poems by Edgar A. Poe.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Larisa: 18.02.2010 19:34.

18.02.2010 19:33 Larisa ist offline E-Mail an Larisa senden Beiträge von Larisa suchen Nehme Larisa in deine Freundesliste auf
Junkfi__ Junkfi__ ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-56728.png

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

This book is great! I loved it.

The only books I've read in english beside 'Twilight' and 'Harry Potter' were just two biographies. one about Monty Roberts and the other about Cristiano Ronaldo. One book with a novel based on the TV-Series 'Supernatural' (really great if you like this Serie, and i love it (: ) and Desert Dawn (it's something like the second part of 'Desert Flower' by Waris Dirie). It's about her returning to her family in Somalia.

26.11.2010 15:49 Junkfi__ ist offline E-Mail an Junkfi__ senden Beiträge von Junkfi__ suchen Nehme Junkfi__ in deine Freundesliste auf MSN Passport-Profil von Junkfi__ anzeigen Skype-Name von Junkfi__: junkfi__
Lilian Lilian ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Berlin

There are so many books worthwile reading.

At the moment I am into Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre". The latter is not very difficult to read compared to Jane Austen's books, and it is very emotional.

Also I liked reading the original version of the "Northern Lights" series. I was so impressed about what the book had to offer in comparison to the poor cinema interpretation of the first part (Der Goldene Kompass).
If you are interested in fantasy with a possible knack of truth in it - then these are your books!
13.01.2011 09:26 Lilian ist offline E-Mail an Lilian senden Beiträge von Lilian suchen Nehme Lilian in deine Freundesliste auf
Teodores2 Teodores2 ist weiblich
Halloween-Magier 2010

images/avatars/avatar-56330.jpg

Herkunft: Deutschland

Hay everyone,

I am reading the Edgar Allan Poe books.
I Like his lyriks and short storrys.

He was wunderfull.
All his stuff... so dark and figurativ.
I can advise them.

yours theela

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Teodores2: 23.01.2011 12:47.

20.01.2011 20:08 Teodores2 ist offline Beiträge von Teodores2 suchen Nehme Teodores2 in deine Freundesliste auf Skype-Name von Teodores2: Theela1991
HolyHarpie HolyHarpie ist weiblich
Redakteur beim Tagespropheten

images/avatars/avatar-58681.png

Herkunft: Badnerland

You honestly gotta read the . The books are as capturing as the Harry Potter books. However, it's a very different story.

The story takes place in the future after North America has been destroyed and a nation known as Panem has been created. The country consists of twelve poor districts governed by a rich Capitol.
In order to punish the districts' citizens for a former rebellion against the Capitol there are selected two teenagers (a girl and a boy) between the age of 12 and 18 from each district every year to participate in the so-called "Hunger Games" - a cruel TV event where the so-called tributes are forced to fight against each other in an arena until only one remains.
The story is about the 16-year-old Katniss who volunteers to participate in the Games in order to save her younger sister's life.

The books are called and Grinsen

It's a cruel series, but at the same time so tender and so utterly compelling that you don't want to stop reading until you know exactly what's going on! If you're into stuff like that you absolutely have to check it out! Grinsen

26.01.2011 14:26 HolyHarpie ist offline E-Mail an HolyHarpie senden Beiträge von HolyHarpie suchen Nehme HolyHarpie in deine Freundesliste auf
Glutkristall Glutkristall ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-61739.jpg

Hmm, English books... Grinsen I can't exactly remember when I read my first English book, but it might have been The Goblet of fire Nachdenken And I had to look up about every fifth word breites Grinsen
Now I read more books in English than in German, mostly because I'm just too impatient to wait for them being translated Verwirrt And sometimes it's the fact that, if they are translated, those translations are... well... let's say they leave a lot to be desired...
A book I can highly recommend is "The Girl with Glass Feet" by Ali Shaw. I found it in Paris in the most beautiful book shop I've ever been in. The book is magical, poetic, tragic, and you sometimes get the feeling of walking through a dream. The level of language is quite high, but you get used to it after a few pages Augenzwinkern There's no German version so far, so there's no possibility of checking whether you got the story right Augenzwinkern

29.01.2011 18:58 Glutkristall ist offline E-Mail an Glutkristall senden Beiträge von Glutkristall suchen Nehme Glutkristall in deine Freundesliste auf
Bloody Merry Potter Bloody Merry Potter ist weiblich
Bewerber beim Tagespropheten

images/avatars/avatar-55121.jpg

Herkunft: Schweiz
Pottermore-Name: ShadowCentaur11633

Thanks to Harry Potter I started reading books in English - and love it!

I can recommend a lot. His stories take place in the 20th or 21st century and deal with people's lives, often combined with current topics. You can identify with the characters very easily and it takes him only a few pages to get your absolute attention. I never thought novels like that would be able to enhance me as much as fantasy novels do. However, exactly this happened. His writing style is absolutely brilliant!

"I had been sick for a long time. When the day came for me to leave the hospital, I barely knew how to walk anymore, could barely remember who I was supposed to be. Make an effort, the doctor said, and in three or four months you'll be back in the swing of things. I didn't believe him, but I followed his advice anyway. They had given me up for dead, and now that I had confounded their predictions and mysteriously failed to die, what choice did I have but to live as though a future life were waiting for me?"

The first paragraph of .

Then I love and by Ken Follet. For those who like historical novels that do not seem to end. They both have more than 1000 pages, but he manages to hold your attention all the way through.

Furthermore, I can recommend . A bit in the style of Paul Auster, great writing.

And last but not least; . I already liked it in German, but the words J.R.R Tolkien uses are irreplacable and utterly beautiful.

31.01.2011 17:42 Bloody Merry Potter ist offline E-Mail an Bloody Merry Potter senden Beiträge von Bloody Merry Potter suchen Nehme Bloody Merry Potter in deine Freundesliste auf Füge Bloody Merry Potter in deine Kontaktliste ein
Kathi Weasley Kathi Weasley ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-63339.png

Pottermore-Name: MantelSnidget18582

Okay, apart from the Harry Potter books, I`ve read English books, like 'Where rainbows end'(by Cecilia Ahern), 'The last song'(by Nicolas Sparks) and 'Pride and Prejudice'(by Jane Austen).
The reason, why I read the first one is, because I`ve already read it in German and I liked it. The second one, because I wanted to watch the film in the cinema, but has had no time to, and the third one, because I love the film and this time especially...

03.02.2011 17:02 Kathi Weasley ist offline Beiträge von Kathi Weasley suchen Nehme Kathi Weasley in deine Freundesliste auf
Lilly-Potter Lilly-Potter ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-53562.jpg

Herkunft: Germany

Hi! I am in America right now coz i am here as an exchange student. So I have read some english books. But I found a series thats really the best. There r eight books and I think it is really good understandable english. Its called Pretty Little Liars. Its in abc family now too but its way different than the books. Moreover like Kathi Weasley said The last song and some other books from Nicolas Sparks.
Hope u find some nice book!
23.02.2011 04:26 Lilly-Potter ist offline E-Mail an Lilly-Potter senden Beiträge von Lilly-Potter suchen Nehme Lilly-Potter in deine Freundesliste auf
Myrina Myrina ist weiblich
Xperts Fanfiction Wettbewerb Gold-Award-Winner

images/avatars/avatar-58068.png

I love to read in english too.

I would recomment the books of
For example:

There was also a film about this book but, as we propably all know, are books better.

House Rules[/B]

I love her books, because she writes about problems in our society without causing a feeling of pure pity for people who aren't as anyone else.

But beside all the dramatic stuff I also like the books from Patrick Rothfuss,
and
These are fantasy books about a young man named Kvothe and his way through the world. More precisely he tells his story to a scribe.
I love the author's spelling style.

I think that's enough Augenzwinkern
Kind regards
Myrina

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Myrina: 06.04.2011 16:34.

06.04.2011 16:34 Myrina ist offline E-Mail an Myrina senden Homepage von Myrina Beiträge von Myrina suchen Nehme Myrina in deine Freundesliste auf
Evanesco Evanesco ist männlich
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-57835.jpg

I recommend "" by Philip Pullman. It's a small, inexpensive fantasy book with beautiful pictures. As far as I know it was never released in Germany, although it's written in the style of an old German fairy tale. J.K. Rowling herself recommends it to her readers:

Give it a try, it's the perfect book for German Rowling and Pullman fans who want to read something English. Augenzwinkern

06.04.2011 18:59 Evanesco ist offline Homepage von Evanesco Beiträge von Evanesco suchen Nehme Evanesco in deine Freundesliste auf
Marauder Marauder ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-59782.jpg

Herkunft: Lothlorien

I love reading books in English. My first English book was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which I read when I was in 7th grade. I just had to know how the story continues and I didn't want to wait for the German version to come out Grinsen

I mostly read English books nowadays because I always think the "special something" of a book gets lost when it's translated.

I can recommend to you guys:

- trilogy
- All books by (Historical novels, set in the early 20th century)
- by Markus Zusak (I also read "Die Bücherdiebin" in German but I think the original is a lot better)
- by Vikas Swarup, (they turned the book into the movie "Slumdog Millionaire" which i love. The book is different, but still a very good read.)

21.04.2011 11:41 Marauder ist offline E-Mail an Marauder senden Beiträge von Marauder suchen Nehme Marauder in deine Freundesliste auf
Harry62442 Harry62442 ist männlich
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-56600.jpg

Herkunft: MäcPomm

I love to read books in English.

I'm kind of in the middle of right now. It is absolutely brilliant and even more funny than it is in German.

And I can strongly recommend the books by . Short stories with very dark humor and sometimes quite philosophical, too.

21.04.2011 12:55 Harry62442 ist offline E-Mail an Harry62442 senden Beiträge von Harry62442 suchen Nehme Harry62442 in deine Freundesliste auf
Lizz_94 Lizz_94 ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-60751.png

Herkunft: Bayern

The Hunger games is a series that won't let you sleep until you turn over the last page. It's incredibly gripping and paced very well. Definitely a good book recommendation!

10.06.2011 13:57 Lizz_94 ist offline E-Mail an Lizz_94 senden Beiträge von Lizz_94 suchen Nehme Lizz_94 in deine Freundesliste auf
BlackVanilla BlackVanilla ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-58353.jpg

Herkunft: Aus einem Kaff :P

Hey everyone!
I`m reading in english (the german version isn`t out yet... Traurig )
For all poor people who don`t know the romantic-lovely story, here`s the link:

I understand the story apart from some little words Grinsen
I think i improved my english a bit since some movies and one or two books in english, which i read a few months and weeks ago....

Greetz

*g*
10.06.2011 15:04 BlackVanilla ist offline E-Mail an BlackVanilla senden Beiträge von BlackVanilla suchen Nehme BlackVanilla in deine Freundesliste auf
Seiten (4): « vorherige 1 2 [3] 4 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » List for English books (besides HP)

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH