Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
[User-Fanfiction] Sam Chaucers Fanfictions - NEU: H/G/F-OS! Dazu "Forwar [...] (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   20.09.2007 00:15 von Sam Chaucer   34.018 64   02.05.2017 20:10 von Sam Chaucer  
[User-Fanfiction] Testhrus’ FF-Thread (aktuell: Neue Herausforderungen) (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   06.01.2014 18:59 von Testhrus   5.482 4   02.11.2016 19:28 von Testhrus  
Und wieder was Neues - drei E-Books über die Zaubererwelt (Forum: Joanne K. Rowling)   16.10.2016 16:04 von Witchcraft   5.357 2   19.10.2016 12:50 von Witchcraft  
Ãœbersicht eigener Foren-Beiträge (Forum: Dumbledores Büro)   08.02.2016 14:09 von Morwen   4.149 6   08.02.2016 19:11 von SarahGranger  
English Corner (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.06.2004 23:44 von Bellatrix   116.096 525   15.01.2016 14:02 von NevilleLongbottom  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » List for English books (besides HP) » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (4): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 4 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen List for English books (besides HP)
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
traitors.lover traitors.lover ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-62880.png

Herkunft: king's landing, westeros

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

aww I LOVE Philippa Gregory's books on the Tudor era. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the historical inaccuracy. But they're beautifully writtten <3
I especially love The Boleyn Inheritance. Gregory's portrait of Anne of Cleves is just perfect, I really love it. I also really liked The Constant Princess and The Other Boleyn Girl. I've also seen the movie... but I think it's crap, sry XD Natalie Portman is the worst Anne I've seen in a long time (and I normally love her), Eric Bana is even more miscast than Jonathan Rhys Meyers and the script... well I really don't wanna talk about the script XD

Really awesome to read are the by Charlaine Harris. It's another vampire series and there seem to be a few parallels between them and the Twilight books... but once you've started reading them, you'll see that they're MUCH better breites Grinsen
I simply love them <3

24.04.2009 01:15 traitors.lover ist offline E-Mail an traitors.lover senden Homepage von traitors.lover Beiträge von traitors.lover suchen Nehme traitors.lover in deine Freundesliste auf
Lilian Lilian ist weiblich
Schülerin

Herkunft: Berlin

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi everybody,
try His Dark Materials! All three books are just thrilling! Top

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Lilian: 21.05.2009 21:04.

21.05.2009 21:04 Lilian ist offline E-Mail an Lilian senden Beiträge von Lilian suchen Nehme Lilian in deine Freundesliste auf
Eo-Lahallia Eo-Lahallia ist weiblich
Xperts Fanfiction Wettbewerb Gold-Award-Winner

images/avatars/avatar-49380.jpg

Herkunft: Deutschland

Hi everybody,
I just started to read more and more english books in the last time (because they are so much better in some cases and I really noticed how much I can improve my English!) and there's one author I really love, because his books - in German just wonderful - are so much better in original - the Narnia series with the seven books The Magician's Nephew, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, The Horse and his Boy, Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, The Silver Chair and The Last Battle. C. S. Lewis created such a wonderful world with so much loveable characters like the Pevensies or Aslan that you to love them - in my opinion.

I have read the Twilight Books and the Harry Potters, but it was just because in some cases I couldn't wait to see what happens, not because I wanted to, but today I borrow so much english novels from the library that I will have read every one of the library books for teens soon.

22.05.2009 14:40 Eo-Lahallia ist offline E-Mail an Eo-Lahallia senden Homepage von Eo-Lahallia Beiträge von Eo-Lahallia suchen Nehme Eo-Lahallia in deine Freundesliste auf Füge Eo-Lahallia in deine Kontaktliste ein
*Zissy_Black* *Zissy_Black* ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-49534.jpg

Herkunft: Laupheim

hi everybody!!

first i want to warn you Fröhlich
I'm learning english for six years now, so I'm sorry if there are some mistakes!
well, I've started reading the third book of the bartimaeus trilogy in english now and I think that it's really hard to understand for someone who isn't a native speaker.
There are many words which you'll never learn at school. Luckily, I've read the book in german bevore, so I already knew the story!
bye-bye
zissy

»Sie brauchen mich nicht 'Sir' zu nennen, Professor.«
*lol*
15.06.2009 13:24 *Zissy_Black* ist offline Beiträge von *Zissy_Black* suchen Nehme *Zissy_Black* in deine Freundesliste auf
Dark Angel Dark Angel ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-55302.png

Herkunft: Österreich (Oberösterreich)

I did really love this book as it has a wonderfull style. Though i ofte had to look up some words i couldn't stop reading it =) I has a way to show you the peoples characters i hav never "seen" (better) read before.

15.06.2009 18:46 Dark Angel ist offline E-Mail an Dark Angel senden Beiträge von Dark Angel suchen Nehme Dark Angel in deine Freundesliste auf MSN Passport-Profil von Dark Angel anzeigen
petit.papillon
unregistriert

As I love books and foreign languages I usually read the original version of a book (of course just as far as I know the language - I would not be able to read a novel written in a Turkmenian dialectAugenzwinkern ). My favorite writer concerning English literature is the master himself - William Shakespeare. I love his plays and poems. My favourite play is "A Midsummernight's Dream", which I can only recommend to those who are not afraid of "old-fashioned" English.

Another author who really impresses me is Nick Hornby. I like his style to express emotions and to illustrate special traits of the characters in his novels. The best book written by Hornby is, in my opinion, "A long way down". It is about 4 completely different people who decide to commit suicide. They meet on top of a roof and then decide to keep on living. The story is told alternetly by the 4 main characters.

As I am attracted by French (language, people, country and way of living) I could not resisr to read the "Merde" series by Stephen Clarke, who writes about the Frenchmen and France in general in a very ironic way. He can be really mean nevertheless I am not offended by his sometimes very sarcastic remarks even if I love France and get offended very easily if someone humilates it. I cannot be angry with Clarke, although he mostly exaggerates - which of course makes it so funny. And I most confess, he mostly points out the truth about the French.

Of course I could write an uncredibly long list of books right here, but I think we should leave it at that.

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von petit.papillon: 18.07.2009 00:35.

18.07.2009 00:34
fifilein fifilein ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-62714.png

Herkunft: living my dream in Southsea, England

i totally agree with you. this book is soooo much fun. it was actually my first hornby-book and finished it within a few days. and i love the tile of the book Zunge raus it is sooo ironic XD i also love his other books, especially high fidelity. he always has such loveable and quirky characters. i simply love his books x)

18.07.2009 23:06 fifilein ist offline E-Mail an fifilein senden Beiträge von fifilein suchen Nehme fifilein in deine Freundesliste auf
mione13 mione13 ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-63847.png

Herkunft: BW

*candyfloss
*secrets
*best friends

*pride and prejudice

you might know p&p but the others are maybe unknown, here a short description:

''

wilson writes mainly children books, she's english and very popular in britain.
the books i own are about problems with parents or social classes, but of course about friendship.
i like them, cause they are very easy to read as they're made for children, and i don't have to look up every 2nd word in the dictionary.
in some of these books, there are funny little pictures, which help you understand the story.

greetings, mione

PS. please check my english Grinsen

18.07.2009 23:23 mione13 ist offline E-Mail an mione13 senden Beiträge von mione13 suchen Nehme mione13 in deine Freundesliste auf
Ellareen Ellareen ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-52672.png

Herkunft: Nimmerland

I also like english books a lot, because, in my opinion, the originals are so much better than the translations.
One book I recommend to every singe one of you is '13 reasons why' by Jay Asher.

The story is just so thrilling and I couldn't stop reading, so I got very little sleep that night. Augenzwinkern

Other books are (of course) the Harry Potter series. I also like the Narnia books very much and am a fan of Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is a great book! Grinsen

15.11.2009 18:03 Ellareen ist offline E-Mail an Ellareen senden Beiträge von Ellareen suchen Nehme Ellareen in deine Freundesliste auf
clementine
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-52589.png

I always read English books in the original, because it's so much better than the translation.

Many of you have already mentioned Jane Austen, but I'll mention her again. breites Grinsen I love her books, she's such a great writer!

I have recently read "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett - very funny book, I can only recommend it! Though at times a bit hard to understand, so maybe you should be a bit advanced in English already, that's nothing for beginners, I'd say.

I also love to read Stephen King, he's my favourite author and I read all his books in the original versions.

I also think "The Beach" by Alex Garland is very good (much better than the movie version, I have to say!).

Another one of my favorites is "Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass" by Lewis Carroll - even though it's a children's book, it's always worth to be read, I'd say.

One of my favorite books is "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood. She's a Canadian writer and recently celebrated her 70th birthday. I love that book of hers! It's a utopian novel, so if you like that, you absolutely have to check it out!
15.11.2009 19:13 clementine ist offline E-Mail an clementine senden Beiträge von clementine suchen Nehme clementine in deine Freundesliste auf
Al Khamsa
Schüler

Herkunft: Germany

Ah Wuthering Heights. You should see the film with Ralph Fiennes as Heathcliff. Of course the original undubbed version. Since I saw his Heathcliff I´ve found my ideal Severus Snape!!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Al Khamsa: 15.11.2009 23:08.

15.11.2009 23:07 Al Khamsa ist offline E-Mail an Al Khamsa senden Beiträge von Al Khamsa suchen Nehme Al Khamsa in deine Freundesliste auf
Lilly-Potter Lilly-Potter ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-53562.jpg

Herkunft: Germany

Oh, we read the first book from the House of Nights series.
This books are so awesome!!
In the moment 5 books are in the bookstores but the 6. book is coming soon Grinsen
So, If I were you and you like vampires I would read this books!! Top
16.11.2009 17:12 Lilly-Potter ist offline E-Mail an Lilly-Potter senden Beiträge von Lilly-Potter suchen Nehme Lilly-Potter in deine Freundesliste auf
dubidu dubidu ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-53425.jpg

Herkunft: ein cooles kleines Dorf in der Eifel

I recommend 's books. I've already read and , and now I have to decide which of the others I want to read next Augenzwinkern
Her books are about relationships, not only romantic, but family bounds.
18.01.2010 11:48 dubidu ist offline E-Mail an dubidu senden Beiträge von dubidu suchen Nehme dubidu in deine Freundesliste auf
Vampirella Vampirella ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-52288.jpg

Herkunft: Von dort, wo es Vampire gibt...

Hey together!
I've read and in English, and I would say they are much better than in German... and the English in this books is not diffucult!
And I've read from Louise Rennison, and they are very good books too, very funny breites Grinsen
So, I would advise you :
Twilight
Breaking Dawn
Angus, Thongs and perfect snogging (Georgia Nicolson)
Pride and Prejudice

05.02.2010 13:19 Vampirella ist offline E-Mail an Vampirella senden Beiträge von Vampirella suchen Nehme Vampirella in deine Freundesliste auf
Hermione II Hermione II ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-41820.jpg

Hey!

I've just read by Oscar Wilde. I've read it for Honors 10 English and it's a really good book! If you like the old kind of British society and a bit of drama plus a bit of older language you should really read it! It's nice to read and even if it starts a bit slow it is a really nice book after a while.
Also I've finished (by the author of "The Vampire Diaries") and I like these books as well. They are sometimes a bit stuffed with bias and the storyline isn't too amazing, but the characters and the created atmosphere are good.
I've just started a newer edition of and it seems pretty good as well.
Oh, and last but certainly not least: The '' series by Scott Westerfield. I've read the whole series (4 books) in 1 1/2 week. Really great books! I've only read them in English and I think they are better in English. The thing I really love about these books is that the protagonist Tally doesn't always gets what she wants and she's actually a kind of dramatic character. I think that the 4th book is the weakest but it still is good. The thing I like about the 4th is that you see how dramatically Tally changed. But still, the first three books are really good! I've also heard that there will be a movie. I'm really excited about that! breites Grinsen
17.02.2010 04:29 Hermione II ist offline E-Mail an Hermione II senden Beiträge von Hermione II suchen Nehme Hermione II in deine Freundesliste auf
Seiten (4): « vorherige 1 [2] 3 4 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » List for English books (besides HP)

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH