Harry Potter Xperts Forum
Zur StartseiteRegistrierungKalenderMitgliederlisteTeammitgliederStatistikSucheHäufig gestellte FragenForumregeln

Ähnliche Themen
Thread Gestartet Hits Antworten Letzte Antwort
1 Dateianhänge enthalten [User-Fanfiction] FFs von MIR: To Be Alive (Lily), Dunkle Tage (Harrys K [...] (Forum: User-Fanfictions)   20.11.2008 17:04 von MIR   177.461 913   22.11.2016 14:54 von Sucher  
The walking dead (Forum: Kino & TV)   03.05.2014 18:34 von Polaris   4.123 6   22.01.2016 13:13 von Glaedr  
English Corner (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.06.2004 23:44 von Bellatrix   116.469 525   15.01.2016 14:02 von NevilleLongbottom  
List for English books (besides HP) (Forum: Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit)   29.04.2008 21:08 von Rain of Roses   40.396 52   27.08.2013 15:41 von sweetdark  
[User-Site] Avada Kedavra - the last enemy is dead (RPG) (Forum: Flohnetzwerk)   28.02.2013 01:13 von Schlickschlupf   1.250 0   28.02.2013 01:13 von Schlickschlupf  

Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » Discussion in English -- [SPOILER!] Dead or alive? » Hallo Gast [Anmelden|Registrieren]
Letzter Beitrag | Erster ungelesener Beitrag Druckvorschau | An Freund senden | Thema zu Favoriten hinzufügen
Seiten (2): [1] 2 nächste » Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Zum Ende der Seite springen Discussion in English -- [SPOILER!] Dead or alive?
Autor
Beitrag « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »
ChingChuan
unregistriert

Discussion in English -- [SPOILER!] Dead or alive? Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi everyone Augenzwinkern ,

of course the non-German-speaking people also want to talk about HBP, so this is the first thread in English.... Augenzwinkern .

I think many of you have already seen the site I think it's quite useful in this discussion, so please read that site first Augenzwinkern .

At first I thought Dumbledore was dead, I didn't even think about the possibility he could be alive. Yet when I read this site I started to think about it, and I now believe he's not dead. Why? There is too much proof that either it wasn't the real Dumbledore or that Dumbledore blown off the tower but could save himself.

Why should Dumbledore, who of course possesses his own memories, have to get one of is OWN memories out of some glass blottle? I think it would be quite convincing if Dumbledore (or at least, the Dumbldore towards the end of the book) turned out to be an impostor (maybe for his own safety? What if that withered hand impaired him too much?)...

On the site about Dumbledore not being dead, there's a very convincing argument about the "expression of hatred" on Snape's face.
And, Snape has always respected Dumbledore and I think he is willing to sacrifice his life for Dumbledore, because of the simple reason Dumbledore him. He wouldn't trust anyone who used to be a Death Eater, would he?
Snape has had many oppertunities to kill Dumbledore or Harry (he lies to Bellatrix because I don't think he's that stupid to make any evidence point towards him) so he's waited a little bit long to make it look like he really murdered Dumbledore...

There's also the Avada Kedavra Curse. It did not work like it did on other occasions (Frank Bryce, Cedric Diggory) because they all were dead before they hit the ground. Dumbledore was levitated over the edge of the tower, maybe he could slow himself down before he reached the ground, transform something in a human shape so it would look like him and flee?
Or, what if he DID hit the ground and someone else helped him? Fawkes crying that night, and we all know phoenix tears have extrodinary healing powers, don't we?

So, I'm completely convinced Dumbledore is not dead. Either he's been somewhere else (Grimmauld Place) and an Impostor was killed, or he's been saved... I can't believe that someone like Dumbledore would be killed, even after he drunk that potion in the cave...

What do you think?
26.09.2005 07:01
Kathrina Kathrina ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-26179.jpg

Herkunft: Schweiz

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Sorry, nope, no hope at all for me!

I've red all of the arguments for DD being still alive, but I just can't see Jo bringing someone back from the dead! Especially not DD, who was never afraid of dying, being over 150 years old after such a great life!

The only way he could be back is Rebirth - just as his Phoenix. But then he would be a baby, just like the Baby-Fawkes, and I can't see how useful a baby might be for Harry. But who knows? Maybe he'd adopt it: or, even better, breites Grinsen he chucks the Baby-Dumbledore to the Dursleys Lachen

I know I'm evil, but it wasn't very friendly from DD to let Harry grow up with the Dursleys. Maybe that was necessary for Harry to grow up in a cupboard so he would hate LV as he does. If DD adopted Harry, he might have been grateful to LV for that Fröhlich

Joking, sorry! Keks?

Let's come back to our topic: the most powerful argument for DD not being dead is for me is the fact how DD putted his Memory in the pensieve:

For me, the reason why DD took this memory auf of the bottle is that DD knew he was going to dye and didn’t want to lose his precious memory. That’s a prove that DD knew/suspected he was going to dye soon. He wanted to make sure Harry can see all of them, and he’s let his last will behind making sure Harry can see all the memories he’s stored for him!

Bitte meldet euch!

Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Kathrina: 26.09.2005 17:55.

26.09.2005 10:17 Kathrina ist offline E-Mail an Kathrina senden Homepage von Kathrina Beiträge von Kathrina suchen Nehme Kathrina in deine Freundesliste auf
Morfin
unregistriert

Auf diesen Beitrag antworten Zitatantwort auf diesen Beitrag erstellen Diesen Beitrag editieren/löschen Diesen Beitrag einem Moderator melden      Zum Anfang der Seite springen

Hi all.

@ChingChuan: I had the same feelings about Dumbledores death. First I couldn't believe it, then I thought : Jo makes such things, but after rereading the book the third time my hope for Dumbledore not being dead raised..
First thing is Fawkes and also the fact that DD's Patronus is a Phoenix too. That can't mean just nothing.
I also noticed that when Dumbledore talks to Malfoy, (but i don't know if i understood that right..), at p.549 "Dumbledore slid a little down the ramparts" and again when he's cornered at p. 555 "as he had slid so far down the ramparts wall". Couldn't that mean that he has positioned himself so near to wall that he intented to fall from the tower out of the Death Eaters sight?
26.09.2005 12:05
Schülerin

If DD intended to fall from the tower out of the Death Eaters sight he'd have done it. He wouldn't wait for Snape to come. No, the fact thad DD slid down the ramparts showed me theat he was almost unable to stay upright any longer. He was actually dying. He needed Snape more then ever.

For me, he needed Snape to kill him and save Malfoy and (if he knew about the UV) to save himself from being killed thru the course.

Bitte meldet euch!

Dieser Beitrag wurde 1 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Kathrina: 26.09.2005 12:48.

26.09.2005 12:32 Kathrina ist offline E-Mail an Kathrina senden Homepage von Kathrina Beiträge von Kathrina suchen Nehme Kathrina in deine Freundesliste auf
Morfin
unregistriert

ah, so these ramparts are some kind of roof, i thought they were plain..
26.09.2005 12:40
Drumpotter
unregistriert

@Kathrina: Were you joking when you said it was mean from DD to have Harry raised by the Dursleys? He gave a reason to Professor McGonagall when she expressed her worries about Harry being raised by this family. But DD just said (at least in the film) that he'd be "far better off, growing up without it" (the trouble around him, being the one who defeated Voldemort).

@Morfin: Yes I think too, that the ramparts are some kind of wall. DD was just too tired to kepp himself standing upright. He slid down these walls further and further because his strength vanished more and more.

@ChingChuan: How was DD supposed to give something a human shape on the ground without his wand. Of course we don't know exactly where his wand flew, but I don't think that DD was so lucky that he landed just beside it to pick it up again and flee. And besides: I don't think the remaining DE to be too stupid to make sure, that DD really hit the ground beneath them.

For you all to know: Me too, I'm of the opinion that DD couldn't have possibly died like that. I always thought, that there must be at least some wizzards who can do magic without their wands. Couldn't that be true. It's just that I was always astonished that even the mightiest wizzard was stuck to his wand and helpless without it. Perhaps DD was thus performing a countspell without uttering the words?!?

Best regards
Drumpotter
26.09.2005 14:52
Schülerin

@Drumpotter

I was only half joking. I knew he had good reasons to do it, Harry had his mother's blood protection and he was really better of, being far of the magical society, it could have ruined his character.

But I don't find it nice either, letting him live under such awful circumstances. It could have went really badly, the Dursleys were able to ruin his character as well. Children usually don't turn to be kind and friendly when they grow up without love - see what happened to Snape, see how Tom Riddle became!

Bitte meldet euch!
26.09.2005 15:17 Kathrina ist offline E-Mail an Kathrina senden Homepage von Kathrina Beiträge von Kathrina suchen Nehme Kathrina in deine Freundesliste auf
Nicman Nicman ist männlich
Schüler

images/avatars/avatar-21137.jpg

Herkunft: Belsdorf

Even if it's hard to say I think Dumbledore is dead, because it would be a very bad joke of JKR to let someone die only to make us sad and then bring him back. That would be very hard and not funny.

I think we all have to live with the fact that Albus Dumbledore is dead.

"Liebe den Menschen, den du liebst, hasse den Menschen, den du hast, aber hasse niemals den Menschen, den du einmal geliebt hast."

26.09.2005 17:06 Nicman ist offline E-Mail an Nicman senden Beiträge von Nicman suchen Nehme Nicman in deine Freundesliste auf Füge Nicman in deine Kontaktliste ein MSN Passport-Profil von Nicman anzeigen
ChingChuan
unregistriert

So you think Dumbledore stored all of his memories in glass bottles so they wouldn't be lost? It does make sense but I think Dumbledore has got far too much memories to store... And even if he only stored the memories which he showed to Harry in the pensieve (the Gaunts, Voldy in the orphanage, Lord Voldemorts return, Horcrux-talk-with Slughorn, point of view by the house-elf, pooint of view by *doesn't know his name anymore, it was the one who attacked Ogden with a knife and a wand, etc.) , Harry wouldn't have found them very useful because Dumbledore wouldn't be there to tell him what exactly those memories meant.
Right, of course Hermione have guessed their meanings, I'm sure yet Dumbledore would have to put his in Hermione to interpretate the memories correctly -- I don't think he'd do that.

So, to me the image of Dumbledore takign his own memories out of a bottle appears to be quite strange and maybe a hint it wasn't the real Dumbledore.

That's a good one! It also connects with the differences in the American and the Britisch edition, in the American edition you can find this:

Well, I'm a little bit tooo lazy to mark what's missing in the UK edition, but like they say on the DD-is-not-dead site, it appears like the omisions are intentional.
Well, what's exactly missing? Clues that seem to point out Dumbledore was planning to fake his death? It HAS happened before... (Think about one certain rat)

Kathrina, I also interpreted that sliding down lthe ramparts as a sign that Dumbly was dying.... But WHAT if he just tried to escape? I don't have a HBP on hand, so maybe someone wants to quote the piece which describes the tower in detail?
And I don't think it would have been wise for him to fall off the tower without good cover, because then they would have surely gone after him, wouldn't they?

He might have done Wandless Magic. Conjuring something like a body isn't that difficult... We don't know really much about Wandless Magic, but it is possible when a Wizard is scared or dangered (accidental magic).

There is no counterspell for the Avada Kedavra curse... Yet Snape's curse doesn't seem a real AK curse to me... It was green, yes, but Harry did not hear something flying through the air (compare with the killing of the Spider in the D. A. D. A. lesson in GOF or Cedric's death, also in GOF) and nowhere is daid that Dumbledore was dead before he hit the ground....

I don't think he's dead... So he hasn't got to come back from the dead.... Zunge raus .

Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von ChingChuan: 27.09.2005 17:28.

27.09.2005 15:17
Allons!
unregistriert

He might have done Wandless Magic. Conjuring something like a body isn't that difficult... We don't know really much about Wandless Magic, but it is possible when a Wizard is scared or dangered (accidental magic).[/quote]

Even Harry was able to jiinx without even knowing a wand when he freed the snake in the zoo @home to go to Brasilia. Which is an astonishing example of his wizardry as well as his abilities concerning Patroni.

Greetz, Allons!
27.09.2005 16:16
Drumpotter
unregistriert

@Allons: Sure, you're right. But we still don't know how much magic you can perform without a wand. If you say it's on occasions when a wizzard is scared or angry then you can explain the magic which was done by Harry before he became aware of being a wizzard or when he pumped up old aunt Marge. But I don't think that DD was somehow scared or angry. Why should he've been? As I've already expressed I think that the whole show was planned and DD didn't die. And the stuff having been planned, there is no reason for DD to be really scared or angry, because he would know exactly what awaits him.

Perhaps we can discuss this a little bit further, because I hold this to be very interesting.
27.09.2005 20:18
Allons!
unregistriert

I just wanted to point out that if even Harry was able to j.w.w. (jinxx without wand) in former days how much should an xperienced wizard like DD be able to do so.. Zaubern
27.09.2005 21:00
GinnyWeasley GinnyWeasley ist weiblich
Schülerin

images/avatars/avatar-16255.jpg

Herkunft: Berlin

Well, after all we know, I think Dumbledore is really dead.

Dumbledore might be a great wizard, but also great wizards die when their time comes. He could have possibly conjured a body and saved himself after the fall without a wand, but I think he was already too weak. We saw him after he and Harry had came out of the cave, and we saw how many problems he had just to stay upright. The performance on the tower was authentic, and I really don't think that it was all made up just to deceive the Deatheaters.

Then, after Dumbledore had died, we saw his portrait appear in the Headmasters Office, which should be another clear sign, that Dumbledore really did die.

And - after all - we also have the interview with JKR. In this interview she says, that it is necessary for Harry to be alone, when the final combat against Voldemort is to take place. She explained why she had killed Dumbledore and it makes sense. It wouldn't be JKR if she wanted to fool us with this interview.

27.09.2005 21:14 GinnyWeasley ist offline E-Mail an GinnyWeasley senden Beiträge von GinnyWeasley suchen Nehme GinnyWeasley in deine Freundesliste auf
Drumpotter
unregistriert

Ok, ok. Perhaps we really have to bury our hope of DD coming back just like that (Not returning from the dead, but from his hideout whatsoever).
@Ginny Weasley: Did you read the page about DD not really being dead? I know, JKR explained it all in her interviews, but the hints on this homepage are convincing, too. Well, at least some of them.
28.09.2005 07:44
Nightrunner
unregistriert

This is was Athur Levine said in an interview:

"First, I felt just shock, and then I felt there's no way, just no way, [ name edited for spoiler] couldn't be dead," Levine said. "So I thought, 'What's the trick?' but unfortunately J.K. Rowling doesn't do that. She's writing about war and in war people die. They are not protected by their office and the esteem in which they are held. She wouldn't compromise that idea by easily bringing him back."

Source:

Dumbeldore ist definitely dead - sorry Weinen

HPXperts has also already postet this interview.

@ChingChuan
It has been a little while. Welcome back! Grinsen

Dieser Beitrag wurde 2 mal editiert, zum letzten Mal von Nightrunner: 28.09.2005 11:53.

28.09.2005 10:02
Seiten (2): [1] 2 nächste » Baumstruktur | Brettstruktur
Gehe zu:
Neues Thema erstellen Antwort erstellen
Harry Potter Xperts Forum » Die Karte des Rumtreibers » Abteilung für Internationale magische Zusammenarbeit » Discussion in English -- [SPOILER!] Dead or alive?

Forensoftware: Burning Board 2.3.6, entwickelt von WoltLab GmbH